Kurzbericht 

Piton des Neiges

Publiziert von Deividas , 27. Februar 2013 um 14:10.

Region: Welt » Frankreich » La Réunion
Tour Datum:23 Februar 2013
Wandern Schwierigkeit: T3 - anspruchsvolles Bergwandern
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: F 

Summit is the highest point on Réunion and is considered to be the highest point in the Indian Ocean.

Because of views I waited for a bright weather several days, and finally it happened. Whole morning sun was shining and I didn't noticed a single cloud. It is 7.0 km (one way), well-marked trail. Approximately 1700 vertical meters. So, pretty steep. First three kilometres of path goes upwards on the crater caldera (1,000 vertical meters ). At the morning this part of path is in shadow. Second part of trail is less steep and much easier. About halfway you will find Caverne Dufour hut. You can sleep there and meet sunrise on the summit (hut needs to be reserved in advance). I skip hut and decided to reach the top from the very bottom. It is advisable to get to the peak as early as possible in the morning before the afternoon mist starts. I reached the peak at around noon, and it was completely covered by clouds... Good that I had a chance to see the beautiful landscapes of Reunion, craters and the surrounding mountains on the way to the top ..

Very memorable hike and Top rated trail!

Tourengänger: Deividas

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden