Anderson Peak from Donner Pass

Publiziert von 360 Pro , 31. Oktober 2017 um 16:31.

Region: Welt » United States » California
Tour Datum:27 Oktober 2017
Wandern Schwierigkeit: T3 - anspruchsvolles Bergwandern
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: USA   US-CA 
Aufstieg: 800 m
Abstieg: 800 m
Zufahrt zum Ausgangspunkt:Donner Pass, PCT Trailhead parking

Anderson Peak is one of the few mountain tops in the Tahoe area which haven't received a visit from me yet, even though I tried twice already. The *first time, I failed due the icy steep north face and not carrying crampons with me and the *second time I ran out of time due to an unplanned detour. This time I was rather sure I would make it, because there was (almost) no snow in the area and Anderson Peak was the only peak on my to-do list today.

I park the car at the PCT trailhead near Donner pass and follow the PCT to the saddle between Mt. Judah and Mt. Lincoln. The PCT bypasses Mt. Lincoln in its east flank and then the trail follows the ridge-line (or slightly south of it) to the base of Anderson Peak. Instead of continuing on the PCT, I walk up to the Benson Hut and from there get to the top of Anderson Peak via it's north face (click, T3, usetrail). After a long break I then walk down to the PCT south of Anderson Peak through rubble and scree (T3) and hike back to the saddle between Mt. Judah and Mt. Lincoln. Since I have plenty of time left I decide to also add the Mt. Judah loop and re-visit this nice viewpoint above Donner Lake once more. Finally I get back to the PCT via the trail on the east side of Mt Judah and the saddle south of Donner Peak and then retrace my steps back to the parking lot.

Tourengänger: 360

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

Galerie

In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

Kommentar hinzufügen»