FWM X: almost done! (need translation)

Publiziert von Anna, 6. März 2008 um 16:06. Diese Seite wurde 284 mal angezeigt.

Hoi zäme,

ufff, it's almost done.

We added the "Waypoint editor" tool, which allows to edit the map, hopefully in a easier way as before. We hope that it is self-explanatory.

Now it's no more necessary to choose between Swiss and WGS coordinates: you can introduce one of these two types of coordinates and the editor recognizes it and eventually transforms one to the other. For WGS coordinates, the editor recognizes also the letters (N, S, W, E/O) and other types of representation, for example 10:23:19.2 N or those from Wikipedia.

We tested it with Firefox, Safari, Opera and Webkit  (all very good browsers) on Mac. Unfortunately, our Explorer 6 is dead (with the old PC) and we don't have any access to IE7. So, please, can someone test it on IE6 and IE7?

The final thing is to translate into German all texts for the new map, then we can substitute the old map with the new one. WE NEED A TRANSLATOR TO GERMAN, PLEeeeeeEASE.

The new map address is, as usual,  www.hikr.org/new_map.php.

Thank you
Anna

Kommentare (3)

Kommentar hinzufügen

360 Pro hat gesagt: Tested...
Gesendet am 9. März 2008 um 11:46
...with IE7 and everything works fine. I couldn't find any bugs.

This bug occurs in IE7 as well as Firefox et al.:
On the path editor when adding new points to the path, sometimes the new point is not added where I double clicked, but always a little bit off. I can't reproduce this consistently, but it happened quite a few times now. I will try to figure out what exactly causes it and let you know if I find out. It is probably some combination of zooming in and out and moving the map which causes it, but unfortunately I can’t tell you for sure.

A minor thing on the waypoint editor:
Since I have access to all Swiss coordinates, it would be nice if I could enter the coordinates not only in latitude/longitude but also as Swiss coordinates. As far as I can tell you only display the Swiss coordinates now, but don't allow entering them.

Since you declared this the year of public transportation on hikr.org:
On the map (and hybrid) I see little icons for the railway stations. Would it be possible to
1. also show the bus stops?
2. display the names of the railway stations / bus stops or even have a feature like on mapsearch.ch, where a roll-over on the icon gives you easy access to the cff logo SBB pages?

As promised, the translations will follow shortly via email.

Thanks for all your efforts!

PS: Just ran into another little annoyance when posting this comment (IE problem only): If I click on the "preview" button for the comment and then in the previewed message click on a URL-link, the linked page is opened correctly, but when I then click on “back” to finish editing the comment I entered, it is lost and I have to enter the comment again :-(
(I usually don’t use IE, almost only to test for hikr.org, so I don’t care much about it :-)

Anna hat gesagt: RE:Tested...
Gesendet am 9. März 2008 um 12:17
Hi 360,

Thank you very much for your useful feedback!

>This bug occurs in IE7 as well as Firefox et al.:

I will try too to see if it happens also on my side

>Since I have access to all Swiss coordinates, it would be nice if I could enter the coordinates not only in latitude/longitude but also as Swiss coordinates. As far as I can tell you only display the Swiss coordinates now, but don't allow entering them.

Actually, you can insert Swiss coordinates in the coordinates field in the following format: "123456 / 123456"

>Since you declared this the year of public transportation on hikr.org...

Yes, I think we can, it will be a quite logical feature for hikr

>PS: Just ran into another little annoyance when posting this comment (IE problem only):

This is difficult to fix. The only way I can see it's to always open a link in the preview in a new window.

Thank you very much
Anna&Stani

360 Pro hat gesagt: RE:Tested...
Gesendet am 9. März 2008 um 12:46
> Actually, you can insert Swiss coordinates in the coordinates field in the following format: "123456 / 123456"

Ah I see, yes that works nicely. It wasn't obvious to me though.

> Yes, I think we can, it will be a quite logical feature for hikr

Cool, soon I won't need any other website but hikr.org for my planning any more...

> This is difficult to fix. The only way I can see it's to always open a link in the preview in a new window.

As I said, I hardly ever use IE but "a good browser" instead ;-) and therefore it's not a real problem for me.

Kommentar hinzufügen»