Search with autocomplete

Publiziert von Zina, 7. Februar 2010 um 23:25. Diese Seite wurde 277 mal angezeigt.

Woof-woof dear friends!

Just a quick note to announce that we added a little "autocomplete" box to the "Search" field above (this one that you find on the top of every page on hikr). So now, when you type something like "Piz A" in the search field, a little box will appear. Inside this box you will see some suggestions, like: "Piz Arina", "Piz Alv", "Piz Albris" and few more. If you click on one of those you are immediately redirected to the corresponding page. Same thing happens if you use  arrow keys to navigate inside the list of suggestions then press enter. Otherwise, if you press enter without selecting a suggestion, a normal search is performed.

Well, it's more easy to try than to explain. Try it now.

And yes, it works for user names too! Try to search for your user name.

Cheers,
Zina

PS: Translations are welcome, as usual.

Kommentare (4)

Kommentar hinzufügen

Sander hat gesagt: Good work!
Gesendet am 9. Februar 2010 um 12:41
Wow, you are doing a lot of good work the last weeks!
I'm from The Netherlands and a big fan of this website. I use the site very often to search for beautiful hikes which I can do in the summerholiday when I'm in your great country.

Zina hat gesagt: RE:Good work!
Gesendet am 9. Februar 2010 um 17:14
Woof! Nederland is het beste!

Sander hat gesagt:
Gesendet am 10. Februar 2010 um 13:35
I think this is the first Dutch translation on this site. :)

360 Pro hat gesagt: Deutsch
Gesendet am 11. Februar 2010 um 09:15
Woof-woof liebe Freunde!

Eine kurze Mitteilung, dass wir eine neue "Autocomplete" Funktion zum Suchfeld (jenes welches ihr oben rechts auf jeder hikr Seite sieht) hinzugefügt haben. Wenn Du im Suchfeld so etwas wie "Piz A" eintippst, wird eine kleine Box erscheinen. In dieser Box siehst Du Vorschläge wie "Piz Arina", "Piz Alv", Piz Albris" und mehr. Wenn Du auf so einen Eintrag klickst, wirst Du sofort zur entsprechenden Seite weitergeleitet. Dasselbe gilt, wenn Du die Pfeiltasten brauchst, um in der Box zu navigieren und danach die Enter Taste drückst. Wenn Du Enter drückst ohne auf einen Eintrag in der Box zu navigieren, wird eine normale Suche ausgeführt.

Es ist wohl einfacher die Sache auszuprobieren, als sie zu erklären, versuch es einfach!

Oh und ja es funktioniert auch für Usernamen. Versuch auch nach Usernamen zu suchen.

Cheers,
Zina

Kommentar hinzufügen»