Arithit and Tolla

Publiziert von detlefpalm , 19. Juni 2014 um 17:43.

Region: Welt » Albanien
Tour Datum: 8 Juni 2014
Wandern Schwierigkeit: T2 - Bergwandern
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: AL 
Zeitbedarf: 6:00
Aufstieg: 893 m
Abstieg: 893 m
Strecke:10.6 kilometers return
Zufahrt zum Ausgangspunkt:near Bulquize

Mali i Arithit and Tolla do not just have a name that is easy to remember; a hike to both summits provides indeed for a memorable outing.

With just under the 2000 meters mark, at 1986 and 1976 meters respectively, they may not immediately attract attention. But Arithit (also called Mali i Bardhe, or the white mountain) and Tolla (also called Guri i Bylbylit) are of the white, karstic, limestone formation that contrasts much which the nearby red rock of the Micekut Mountains near Bulquize. Add to this the carefully kept grazing areas and – in springtime - the gurgling waters, meticulously maintained water channels and flower-strewn meadows, and you have quite a different experience from the wilderness of the Micekut Mountains.

It should be possible to walk to Arithit and on to Tolla from the village of Dushaj. Having climbed Maja e Kreshtes the day before, we opted to drive onward to one of the stans higher up, at an altitude of 1280 meters. This allowed us to comfortably hike Arithit and continue to Tolla without overstretching ourselves.

The summit of Arithit is hidden behind a false summit for most of the hike. Tolla has three nearby highpoints, of which the middle appears to be the actual summit. The hike from Arithit to Tolla (or back) takes about 50 minutes.

Arithit and Tolla provide a balcony from which to admire the Korab range, including Velivar and Krchin, to Diber in Macedonia, the Jabllanica range and Shebenik, the Micekut Mountains and Mali i Dejes

Tourengänger: detlefpalm

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

Geodaten
 21052.kml Arithit and Tolla
 21053.kml Drive to trailhead of Arithit

Galerie

In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

Kommentar hinzufügen»