Hidden Falls Regional Park - lots of blooming flowers and wonderful wildlife

Publiziert von 360 Pro , 27. März 2014 um 19:32.

Region: Welt » United States » California
Tour Datum:26 März 2014
Wandern Schwierigkeit: T2 - Bergwandern
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: USA   US-CA 
Aufstieg: 250 m
Abstieg: 250 m
Zufahrt zum Ausgangspunkt:On I-80 take the CA-49 exit toward Grass Valley, Follow CA-49 north and after 2.7miles turn left onto Atwood Rd. After 2.3m (T junction) turn left onto Mt Vernon Rd. After 2.1 miles turn right on Mears Dr. Parking lot is after 0.8m. click

Hidden Falls Regional Park is a popular local recreation area. It offers 30 miles of natural surface trails suitable for hiking, running, biking and horseback riding. I explored about a third of the trails on this rainy day in Northern California and saw lots of beautiful flowers and wildlife. The Park Map at the parking lot shows an overview of all trials.

For my exploration today I follow the Poppy Trail down to the Deadman Creek, then walk along the South Legacy Way (gravel road) to the Great Egret Trail and from its end along the Gold Finch Trail to the Salmon Run Bridge where I make a lunch break down at the river.

For my way back to the parking area I walk along the Creek Side Trail on the northern side of the river to the Canyon View Bridge and from there I follow the Hidden Falls Access Trail to the waterfall which gives the park its name, then back to the Whiskey Diggins Bridge and along the South Legacy Way back to the car.

Most of the paths are T1, max T2

Tourengänger: 360

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

Galerie

In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

Kommentar hinzufügen»