Mal Milot

Publiziert von detlefpalm , 22. Januar 2014 um 17:15.

Region: Welt » Albanien
Tour Datum:18 Januar 2014
Wandern Schwierigkeit: T2 - Bergwandern
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: AL 
Zeitbedarf: 5:45
Aufstieg: 789 m
Abstieg: 789 m
Strecke:12.3 kilometer

There is some confusion as to the name of Mal Milot. Following some clues from different maps, we call Mal Milot the north end of the mountain range that has its highest point with Dajti Mountain near Tirana, and continues northwards with Brar Mountain, Gamnit Mountain, Kruja Mountain, Rakshanit and on past the town of Lac, before it drops to almost sea level near Milot, where the Mat river enters the floodplains and flows into the Adriatic Sea.

Mal Milot has a rocky knob, called Maja e Suksit or Mali i Sukes or different forms of the same. It looks like a summit from Milot, though it is not the highest point but the abrupt end of the horseshoe mountain with Milot town in its midst. With 669 Meter, Maje e Suksit is not memorably high, and there are higher points along the ridge around Milot. But Maja e Suksit offers great views onto the Mat Delta, the Patok Lagoon and of course the Adriatic. Cape Rodonit can be seen, Shengjin and even Velipoja. And of course, Mali i Veles is not far. (see separate trails for Veles and the other mentioned mountains)

The loop hike is a good choice for a winter day, though take note that your hike starts almost at sea level, with a cumulative elevation gain of 890 meter. Not that the hike is only a typical bad-weather undertaking - to the contrary, we believe that the views must be even more captivating under the Mediterranean sun, but it certainly can be done when the weather is not so favorable. 

The trail is mostly on good and well visible paths. In 2012, some new pylons were built in the area for the high voltage transmission line, altering or obscuring some of the traditional tracks.

For more info, see:  http://www.palmtreeproduction.com/Hikes%20and%20Climbs/Albania%20Climbs/Mal%20Milot/Mal%20Milot%20Gallery.html

Tourengänger: detlefpalm

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

Geodaten
 19216.kml Mal Milot

Galerie

In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

T2
1 Feb 14
Shene Prende and Mali I Hutit · detlefpalm

Kommentar hinzufügen»