Mali i Palleshit

Publiziert von detlefpalm , 14. Dezember 2013 um 20:51.

Region: Welt » Albanien
Tour Datum: 8 Dezember 2013
Wandern Schwierigkeit: T2 - Bergwandern
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: AL 
Zeitbedarf: 6:00
Aufstieg: 512 m
Abstieg: 512 m
Strecke:12.4 kilometer roundtrip

Mali i Palleshit is more of a ridge with several highpoints all just exceeding 500 meter altitude. The ridge itself is not easy to walk because of vegetation and uncomfortable rocky terrain. The intrepid hiker will have to pick just one of the highpoints and aim for it - and this is what we did.

Mali i Palleshit connects with Vrap mountain in the south and Dorez Castle in the north. It is part of the heavily eroded ridgelines west of Tirana or Petrele. We have been hiking many peaks and erosion rambles in the area, and it is possible to develop a particular taste for it.

For once, these relatively low altitude hikes can be done in winter (though might be too hot to do in July and August), they are close to Tirana, and they often give a glimpse into the agricultural life in the area. Importantly, they can be quite challenging due to the sheer drops on one or both sides, and the routes may change slightly from year to year as the ongoing erosion eats its way into the trails. This was the case with our trip to Palleshit, where we had selected a particular ridge for our return, but had to abandon it and retract for an alternative way home.

Some parts of the trail look like dirt roads on the satellite images (Google Earth or Google Maps), but most of them are too eroded to be used by any car any more.

For more info, see: http://palmtreeproduction.com/Hikes%20and%20Climbs/Albania%20Climbs/Palleshit/Palleshit.html

Tourengänger: detlefpalm

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

Geodaten
 18822.kml Mali i Palleshit

Galerie

In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

T2
17 Mär 12
Vrap, Vrap, Vrap · detlefpalm

Kommentar hinzufügen»