A hike on the Vitosha

Publiziert von genepi , 13. Mai 2012 um 15:09.

Region: Welt » Bulgaria » Vitosha
Tour Datum:11 Mai 2012
Wandern Schwierigkeit: T2 - Bergwandern
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: BG 
Zeitbedarf: 4:00
Aufstieg: 1400 m
Abstieg: 1400 m

As I am attending the General Assembly of UIMLA (see http://www.uimla.org/cms/), I decided to extend my stay in order to be able to perform a couple of tours.
The first tour was about climbing the Vitosha, the local mountain of near Sofia.
As advised, I did not climb directly starting from Dragalevtsi, but passing by the spires of Kominite, although I started on the wide path that leads from Dragalevtsi. Near the middle station of the chairlift, I took the path that leads to Kominite.
The chairlift is not running actually, because of some politics.
I passed near the spires of the Kominite climbing the steep valley. There, a couple of climbers were preparing...
As I arrived on the upper plateau (a full nature reserve, because of the peat bog), I was catched by the mist. The weather forecast mentioned that there was a chance of thunderstorm. I hate this type of situation, because one never sees what is coming. Therefore, I decided to go to Aleko hut in order to have something to eat there.
While having lunch, the weather cleared and I decided to go back to Kominite in order to climb the Kamen Del, which is the top from which one has the widest view onto Sofia.
From the Kamen Del, I returned to Dragalevtsi passing by Bor, Tintiava and Sredets hut. At Kikish shelter I took the path that is descending directly to the Dragalevtsi Monastery.

The paths are not mark-signed but at almost every crossing there are guideposts. Once on the path, one can hardly get lost, because the path is clearly visible in the terrain.

I used the free Garmin map that is available at : http://bgmountains.org/maps/category/4 Although free, the map is accurate.

Tourengänger: genepi

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

Galerie

In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

T2
14 Mai 12
To the Boiana waterfall · genepi

Kommentar hinzufügen»