Sunrise on Gulmen – a very nice year-end tour to a well known

Publiziert von 360 Pro , 2. Januar 2009 um 12:02.

Region: Welt » Schweiz » St.Gallen
Tour Datum:31 Dezember 2008
Ski Schwierigkeit: WS+
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: CH-SG   Speer-Mattstock 
Zufahrt zum Ausgangspunkt:cff logo Amden, Vorderdorf
Zufahrt zum Ankunftspunkt:cff logo Amden, Vorderdorf
Unterkunftmöglichkeiten:several in Amden, we stayed at Gasthaus Alpenrösli

I have been on the Gulmen numerous times already, both starting from the Toggenburg in Stein or Starkenbach and starting in Amden or Arvenbüel. By now I would probably find the summit even if I was blindfolded :-) This time I went up to the Gulmen very early in the morning and enjoyed a colorful and impressive sunrise on the summit.

Shortly before 6 AM I started right at the door of the Gasthaus Alpenrösli and went up to Gulmen on the normal route. It was pitch-dark and my headlamp was quite useful up to Hüttlisboden. For the last part up to the summit I then didn’t need the artificial light any more.

I arrived on the summit about half an hour before sunrise. As one can guess from the pictures, the sunrise was very impressive and quite colorful. With some clouds rolling in from west and the mild Föhn in the east, the sky and the mountains just looked gorgeous!

Shortly after sunrise I skied down back to Amden the way I came up and made it back to the Gasthaus Alpenrösli just in time for breakfast.

Amden Vorderdorf – Hinterstein – Eggli –Tscherwald – Dicki – Hüttlisboden – SW slope – Gulmen and back down the same way

Skitouren Glarus - St. Gallen - Appenzell: Route 811b

Tourengänger: 360

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

Galerie

In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

L
21 Feb 12
Sonnentanken am Gulmen · Fraroe
WS
23 Jan 12