Hike Engelberg up Mount Titlis

Publiziert von ewaf88 , 30. September 2014 um 23:48.

Region: Welt » Schweiz » Obwalden
Tour Datum:23 September 2014
Wandern Schwierigkeit: T3 - anspruchsvolles Bergwandern
Zeitbedarf: 3:00
Aufstieg: 1600 m
Abstieg: 1600 m
Zufahrt zum Ausgangspunkt:Engelberg
Zufahrt zum Ankunftspunkt:Path to Summit from cable car station but not attempted
Unterkunftmöglichkeiten:Hotel

Wonderful sunny day (23.09.2014)- best of the rather wet 2014 Summer. I was determined to reach the top of Mount Titlis.

First stop Girschnialp at 1262 meters. (Engelberg is at 1000 meters)This is through a forest - not too steep and sometimes you could get glimpses of Engelberg in the valley.

Then on to Trubsee (1800 meters). Path took me across some meadows before a steep zigzaging path (which seemed to go on forever). Arrived at Trubsee a little hot - but the views were fantastic. Above I could see the summit and to my left the actual very pretty Trubsee - while to my right was Engelberg no looking very distant in the valley.

Next stop Stand (2428 meters). A fairly steep ascent in places but the views just got better and better. I would also get waves from the cable cars full of tourists doing it the easy way.

Arrived at Stand but I could see straight away there was going to be a problem. Due to the poor weather previously there was snow and ice covering the patch up to the summit. This make the rocky path very slippery and made me realise that the scrambling would be very difficult if not dangerous.

After about an hour I decided it was too risky to continue - but it had been a great hike. I hope they have a better Summer next year so that the upper hiking trail becomes passable

Tourengänger: ewaf88

Galerie

In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

Kommentar hinzufügen»