Mali i Stugares

Publiziert von detlefpalm , 20. März 2014 um 17:48.

Region: Welt » Albanien
Tour Datum:15 März 2014
Wandern Schwierigkeit: T2 - Bergwandern
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: AL   GR 
Zeitbedarf: 4:30
Aufstieg: 1120 m
Abstieg: 1120 m
Strecke:5.13 kilometer one way

We went to Mali i Stugarës, we climbed it in March, we had a good time and enjoyed it. But it was only after we continued our way towards Kakavije, that we realized how beautiful Mali i Stugares is.

Mali i Stugares is the second highest summit in the mountain range separating Greece and Albania between Sarande and Kakavije border controls. With 1771 Meter, it is about 35 Meters lower than Mourgana. (see separate hike).

More to its disadvantage, it is almost invisible from Albania, unless you really get close. The best view of Stugares is to be had from the (difficult) road from Leshnice to Kakavije.

The hike starts in the village of Kocat, near Leshnicë. Most villages in the area are almost deserted, though there always seem to be some families determined to stay, and even invest.

The trail leads on a good path into the saddle between Mali i Stugares and Mali i Shendenikut. There is a road from Greece coming close to this pass. From here, follow faint tracks more or less straight up to the summit, more or less along the (invisible) border to Greece.

For more info, also on how to access the trailhead, visit Stugares

Tourengänger: detlefpalm

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

Geodaten
 19851.kml Stugares

Galerie

In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

Kommentar hinzufügen»