American superlatives on and around Mount Eddy

Publiziert von Alpin_Rise , 10. Januar 2017 um 10:06.

Region: Welt » United States » California
Tour Datum:29 Juni 2014
Wandern Schwierigkeit: T2 - Bergwandern
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: USA 
Aufstieg: 800 m
Zufahrt zum Ausgangspunkt:Parking on Forest Route 42N17

Americans seem to love superlatives, Summitpost describes Mount Eddy as "... one of the great mountains of Northern California. The trip to the summit is one of the finest hikes in the Northstate. In one hike, one has the opportunity climb a triple divide peak, the highest point in Trinity County, the highest peak west of Interstate 5, the tallest mountain in the Klamath Mountains and an ultra-prominence peak. Aside from any statistical factors, the hike is remarkable. The route travels through lush, flower field meadows, past lofty peaks and sparkling mountain lakes and to take in what is probably the finest vista in the region."
Nothing to add ;-)

Mount Eddy was a logical objective on my way from the Coast and the Giant Trees in Humboldt Redwoods State Park to Mount Shasta. The halfday hike to the summit is easy and short, since Forest Route 42N17 passes nearby.

Nice and scenic hike to the top of the Trinity Alps

All is said above: The Deadfall Lakes Trail is short hike about 4 hrs roundtrip and 800m (2500 ft) elevation gain. Since the landscape and the lakes are gorgeous, take your time and swimming suit. The legendary Pacific Crest Trail passes nearby: If you want, add another 1600 Miles (2600 km) southbound to Mexico or 900 Miles (1500 km)  northbound to Canada ;-)

By the way: This report is the very last last of my USA 14 holidays. I had a great stay over there and without the homebase and help of 360 it wouldn't have been as sucess- and joyfull. Thanks a lot and have a good time in the land of the free and home oft the brave!

Tourengänger: Alpin_Rise

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

Galerie

In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

Kommentar hinzufügen»