Kurzbericht 

South mountain on Pawtuckaway state park

Publiziert von matbor , 26. Juni 2012 um 14:53.

Region: Welt » United States » New Hampshire
Tour Datum:24 Juni 2012
Wandern Schwierigkeit: T2 - Bergwandern
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: USA 
Zeitbedarf: 4:00
Aufstieg: 177 m
Abstieg: 177 m
Strecke:Camping (100 m) - South Mountain (277 m) - Camping
Zufahrt zum Ausgangspunkt:By car via I93 North, NH101 east, 107 and 156
Zufahrt zum Ankunftspunkt:By car via I93 North, NH101 east, 107 and 156
Unterkunftmöglichkeiten:Camping in the state park

In the last weeks I was reading again and again Hikr reports really missing the Swiss mountains and the awsome hikes there.... Anyway as long as we stay here we have to enjoy the New Hampshire hills... This timme we decided to explore the Pawtuckaway State park, located closed to the already described Bear Brook state park.

From the parking lot close to the camping we walked back along the road till we found the start of the Fundy trail, which we followed till we reached the intersection with the Shaw trail. We continued on the Shaw trail and then on the South Ridge trail to reach the "summit" of the South Mountain. After a short break we went back to the car following the Mountain trail first and then the road.

As usual the trails do not present any difficulties higher than T1-T2... By far the biggest hazard are the mosquitoes... It is impossible to walk in the forest without a repellent spray!

For the first time in New Englan we could observe a snake, which I classified as a Common Garter snake.

Tourengänger: matbor

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden