Mount Tamalpais

Publiziert von 360 Pro , 19. Juni 2016 um 20:42.

Region: Welt » United States » California
Tour Datum:22 August 2015
Wandern Schwierigkeit: T2 - Bergwandern
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: USA   US-CA 
Aufstieg: 500 m
Abstieg: 500 m
Zufahrt zum Ausgangspunkt:Bus 61 from Sausalito and get off at the "Panoramic Hwy & Edgewood Av" Stop
Parking Lot at 810 Panoramic Highway Mill Valley

Mount Tamalpais (or Mount Tam how the locals call it) is a very popular mountain north of San Francisco. I climbed it once already in a *rather long hike, all the way from Stinson Beach. Some friends who live in the Bay Area know that I like to hike and asked me to "guide" a tour up there.

Due to the various hiking experience levels of the group members (ranging from hard core Sierra hiker to hiking novice), I choose that we start at parking lot at 810 Panoramic Highway Mill Valley. The parking lot fills up quickly on the weekends, but there is also the possibility to (legally) park on the Gravity Park Road (gravel road) just north of it, or, even better take public transportation, Bus 61 from Sausalito and get off at the "Panoramic Hwy & Edgewood Av" Stop.

From there we take the Hog Back Road to the Old Railroad Grade gravel road. We follow this trail until we get to the Fern Creek Trail on the left which takes us all the way to the top of the lookout at Mount Tamalpais East. For our way down we choose the gentle old Old Railroad Grade road back to the Hog Back Road and from there back down to our starting point.

Tourengänger: 360

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

Galerie

In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

Kommentar hinzufügen»