Pembrokeshire National Park: Coast of Dreams

Publiziert von MicheleK , 4. Dezember 2013 um 00:20.

Region: Welt » United Kindom » Wales
Tour Datum:30 November 2013
Wandern Schwierigkeit: T1 - Wandern
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: GB 
Zeitbedarf: 3:15
Aufstieg: 300 m
Abstieg: 300 m
Strecke:Porth Clais (St Davids) - St. Justinian - Porth Clais
Zufahrt zum Ausgangspunkt:Porth Clais has a large car park and WCs. It's a 5 min drive from St. Davids. St. Davids is ca. 2h by car from Cardiff.
Zufahrt zum Ankunftspunkt:idem
Unterkunftmöglichkeiten:In St. Davids and in most villages there are B&Bs and campsites. We had a double deluxe car room with a view, no breakfast, for free.

Unfortunately I didn't have all that time as one would love to have; nor did I have the through walking ambitions as our fellow Hikr Stephen. But the mythical coast of medieval fairy tales had been in my mind for a while. Even just a glimpse would be enough and be tempting for more... the place offers some of the best coastal hiking in the UK and more for the enthusiast (Scuba, climbing.. and yes coasteering...). And there is a permanent sense of remoteness, which I love. Despite it's November the weather forecast is great.

Merci beaucoup stephen pour la description minutieuse du parcours: ca m' a tres aide' dans le choix de l' etape...

After getting an ok map (free) at the National Trust Shop and some excellent Welsh cheese in St Davids we drive 5 minutes to Porth-Clais where our hike starts at 1pm. Essentially we follow the coastal path until St. Justinian and then walk back to Porth-Clais inland.

The views along this ancient (600 Mio years the lady said in the NT shop...) is spectacular and the colors are incredible. In summer it must be wonderful as the place offers some of the best scuba diving, white sands, and rock climbing you can possibly dream of. 

And the remoteness is present.... this is the most westerly point in Wales...

The weather is great and Sam and I have a lot to talk about so we keep gazing and hiking until St. Justinian - we'd go until Whitesands but it's almost 4 pm and we decide to back to Porth Clais inland.

An amazing coast indeed - it fully delivered on my imaginary dream. Friendly people, charming villages and good food ... I'll be back !

Tourengänger: MicheleK, SamX

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

Galerie

In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

Kommentar hinzufügen»