Sandstone climbing in Kent: Harrison's Rocks

Publiziert von MicheleK , 27. August 2013 um 00:00.

Region: Welt » United Kindom » England
Tour Datum: 4 August 2013
Wandern Schwierigkeit: T1 - Wandern
Klettern Schwierigkeit: VI (UIAA-Skala)
Wegpunkte:
Zeitbedarf: 5:00
Zufahrt zum Ausgangspunkt:Not easy to reach. from A25 to Tubridge Well, cross the town and drive to Eridge Green. After the village turn left on a narrow lane road for ca 2km and the turn left. There is a sign. From the parking it is a 15min walk to the crag.

'Harrison Rocks is the largest and most popular outcrop in the whole area, and deservedly so, for it offers excellent climbing in all grades.' (Jingo Wobbly, Sandstone South East England).

A short 1.5h drive from London this crag indeed offers a large number of routes. SamX and I spent a great afternoon climbing. Given the little practice lately I struggle past 5a, while Sam seems to currently feel very comfortable to flash the upper 5th grade.

Sandstone is quite unique in that it is smooth and easily can be greasy when humid. Not my preferred rock...

Blue Peter
  1. Slab Direct 4a
  2. Diabolical Crack 3c
Giant Starecase
  1. Sashcord Crack 4a
  2. Finger Stain 5b+
Circle
  1. Small Wall 5b
  2. Small Chimney 2b
  3. Good Friday 5c
Orang Utan
  1. Moonlight Arete 4b
  2. Monkey's Bow 6a+
On a sunday the crag is well populated. All crags are toprope and can be set up from the belay at the top.
Anchor are excellent, typically there are two rings already connected with a metal line. Carry long slings to extend the anchor off the top. 

Tourengänger: MicheleK, SamX

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

Galerie

In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

Kommentar hinzufügen»