Klettersteig Allmenalp

Publiziert von Stijn , 15. Juli 2013 um 17:57.

Region: Welt » Schweiz » Bern » Frutigland
Tour Datum:14 Juli 2013
Klettersteig Schwierigkeit: K4- (S-)
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: CH-BE 
Zeitbedarf: 5:00
Aufstieg: 600 m
Abstieg: 600 m

I discovered kletterportal.ch on Friday, and already on Sunday I joined four other members on the Allmenalp Klettersteig in Kandersteg. The Kletterportal Partnersuche seems to be working great. I'll certainly try to use it more in future.

The Allmenalp Klettersteig is my second Klettersteig in Switzerland, and certainly more fun than the one on the Rigidalstock the week before. The route follows a series of waterfalls up a big crag. Quick access from the railway station adds to the appeal. Towards the end, you have a choice between a wire bridge and a zip wire. If you go for the latter option, do follow the instructions on braking carefully (pulling down on your via ferrata lanyards which should be attached to the brake wire) and brake early enough, or you might have a painful encounter with a rock wall, as the person behind me found out, luckily without serious harm...

I'm not very familiar with the difficulty grades used here, so I'll just go with the S- which seems to be the average here on Hikr.

Our group split up at the hut, with two going down by cable car and the rest of us walking down via Ryharts. Not a particularly interesting path, to be honest, but there's no real other options for walking back down to Kandersteg. As it was still early in the (perfectly sunny) afternoon when we got down, I then decided to take advantage of my day ticket to travel back to Zürich in a more scenic way, taking a boat across the Thunersee and then a train over the Brünig Pass, discovering some more bits of my new country. A very pleasant day, all in all.

Tourengänger: Stijn

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

Galerie

In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

T3 K4-
19 Jun 14
Allmenalp einmal mehr.. · amphibol
K4-
2 Aug 13
Allmenalp Klettersteig · Tasaio