Guri i Zi - the Black Rock

Publiziert von detlefpalm , 23. August 2012 um 12:26.

Region: Welt » Albanien
Tour Datum:18 August 2012
Wandern Schwierigkeit: T2 - Bergwandern
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: AL 
Zeitbedarf: 5:00
Aufstieg: 861 m
Abstieg: 861 m
Strecke:12.5 kilometer roundtrip
Zufahrt zum Ausgangspunkt:see attached GPS file. The approach may take a few hours (from Librazhd and of course more from Tirana), and we camped at the trailhead. The last 2 kilometers to the trailhead are difficult 4WD driving, and you may camp earlier and add this pice to the hike (both ways!).
Unterkunftmöglichkeiten:Camping, anywhere

There might be as many Guri i Zi's (black rocks) in Albania as there are white rocks or red rocks. To our knowledge, this 'black rock' is the highest, topping out at way over 2000 Meter.

Guri i Zi is one of the prominent highpoints on the western side of Shkumbin valley. Its striking formation is only recognized from nearby. Views are exceptional, and when the weather is clear, one may have a glimpse of the Ohrid Lake from the summit.Tomorrit, Valamares, Mali i Thate and many more peaks can be easily made out.

In the lower reaches, the trail follows old wood roads, some of which are no longer passable to vehicles. Because of the secondary growth (following some heavy logging a few years ago) much of the trail is under the shade of trees, which makes it possible to climb the mountain even during the hot summer months.

The last few hundred altitude meter are over grassy slopes. These provide grazing for sheep, and you may plan your way so as not to come too close to the herd and the sheep dogs.

We also visited the secondary summit.

Orientation can be difficult until you reach the grassy slopes.

The hike is marked as a ballon hike. The total return trip from the camp to the two summits and back is 12.5 kilometers, and may take 5 hours.

Because of the long approach, it might be advisable to camp at the trailhead. For the approach see the relevant GPS file.

For more details, see: http://www.palmtreeproduction.com/Hikes%20and%20Climbs/Albania%20Climbs/Guri%20i%20Zi%20and%20Selce/Guri%20i%20Zi%20Gallery.html 

Tourengänger: detlefpalm

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

Geodaten
 12576.kml Hike to Guri i Zi
 12577.kml Drive to trailhead of Guri i Zi

Galerie

In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

Kommentar hinzufügen»