Kurzbericht 

On the top of the Pizzo Centrale and the Gamsspitz, almost 3000m!

Publiziert von matbor , 25. Mai 2011 um 07:44.

Region: Welt » Schweiz » Tessin » Bellinzonese
Tour Datum: 5 September 2009
Wandern Schwierigkeit: T4 - Alpinwandern
Klettern Schwierigkeit: I (UIAA-Skala)
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: CH-TI   CH-UR   Gruppo Pizzo Centrale   Gruppo Pizzo Lucendro 
Zeitbedarf: 4:45
Aufstieg: 900 m
Abstieg: 900 m
Strecke:Gotthardpass (2091m) - Pizzo Centrale (2999m) - Gamsspitz - Gotthardpass
Zufahrt zum Ausgangspunkt:Bus to the Gotthardpass
Zufahrt zum Ankunftspunkt:Bus to the Gotthardpass

Unfortunately the first few kilometres of this trail till the Lago Sella are along a car road. The region is however full of marmots; this makes the walk nicer.
From the Lago Sella a path turns on the right and goes up to the intersection direction Gloggentürmli. At the intersection at p.2468 we took the path on our right, passed the Sasso di Paisgion and later crossed the south edge of the Gamsspitz. Then we continued to the Guspissattel and reached the summit of the Pizzo Centrale coming from its south side. We went back to the edge of the Gamsspitz and I climbed it till the top, later descending from the same route and going back to Passo San Gottardo via direct path.

The direct ascent to the Pizzo Centrale is quite easy; T1 till Lago Sella, T2 till p. 2468 and then T3. The climbing of the south edge of the Gamsspitz is for sure more difficult but never really dangerous (T4; I).

In general this trail can be classified as an easy (almost) 3000 summit. Although the region is nice, the military roads as well as the military buildings make it less wild... I performed this tour with Eveline.

Tourengänger: matbor

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

T6-
6 Sep 10
Pizzo Centrale · Pere
T3+
T3
19 Aug 12
Pizzo Centrale · Hudyx
T5-