Failed Naseloecher

Publiziert von olethros , 27. Juni 2022 um 14:05.

Region: Welt » Schweiz » St.Gallen
Tour Datum:26 Juni 2022
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: CH-AI   Alpstein 

I tried to go to the famous Naseloecher. It seems like an interesting T4 tour, with a couple of key points being protected with wires. In fact, the first time I was at Alpstein, I tried this route, but it was far too muddy to proceed. This time the conditions were very good. The sun was already high at 8:20, and it all looked dry as a mummy.

I made it to the rocky parts without any trouble, beyond the overgrown grass and the extreme heat. I used some tick spray, just in case, though this didn't really look like deer country.
In the first rocky parts the hands are needed occasionally for balance, and there are a couple of steps to overcome. Then you are moving on grass bands between the rocsk. After 40 minutes of climbing, I reached the nostrils.

Then things strarted to change. First there is a slight incline on rocky ground, which then turns and widens into a short gravel path. There there is an exposed, approximately 20m ascent on rock a.nd grass, which requires the use of hands for progress. A couple of people were waiting there, wondering whether to proceed.

A few minutes later, a slighlty older man came, told us there is this section and then it's easy, and then proceeded to drink some coca cola and burp hugely. He then climbed up effortlessly, I'd say. I debated with the other people for a few more minutes, while some other folks came and climbed up. The reluctant guy decided to go back - had he also climbed, I think I'd have followed. 

In the end, this bit was probably not harder than the first crux of Zuestoll: the steepness and holds were of similar quality, but there were a couple of major differences:
1. It was more exposed
2. It was rock mixed with mud and grass, while the first pitch of Zuestoll was nearly all solid rock. It was more similar to the middle part of Zuestoll, but without a rope. I didn't actually use the rope there, but it was nice to have.
3. There were multiple pitches.

I might try this again with the SAC group - in the meantime I'll put it in my 'tried, may do it again' list, which currently includes Vorder Goggeien.

Anyway, after this I jogged all the way to Schenden and had a beer.

Tourengänger: olethros

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

T4
23 Sep 09
Nasenlöcher · dani_
T4+ I
T4 I
7 Okt 09
Öhrli Gipfel (2194m) · Sherpa
T4
3 Jul 11
Säntis über die Nasenlöcher · stataprofi
T4
18 Sep 09
Nasenlöcher · Sherpa
T4
30 Okt 05
Säntis und Öhrli · Delta
T5- III
12 Aug 12
Öhrli Überschreitung · Dolmar

Kommentare (2)

Kommentar hinzufügen

Uli_CH hat gesagt:
Gesendet am 27. Juni 2022 um 16:53
You'll make it next time.
And when you're up there, try to conquer the Oehrli. It's easier than it looks like. In fact, I found the key passage where you returned harder than the Oehrli.

Good luck and best regards, Uli

olethros hat gesagt: RE:
Gesendet am 29. Juni 2022 um 10:39
Thanks, Uli :)

Kommentar hinzufügen»