Zuestoll

Publiziert von olethros , 23. Juni 2022 um 21:28.

Region: Welt » Schweiz » St.Gallen
Tour Datum:12 Juni 2022
Wandern Schwierigkeit: T4- - Alpinwandern
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: Churfirsten   CH-SG 
Zeitbedarf: 3:45
Aufstieg: 1300 m
Abstieg: 800 m

After not quite making it to Vorder Goggeien, and after feeling too tired to join SAC on a longer hike, I wanted to try Zuestoll on my own.

I was too early for the lift, so I jogged up to Sellammat.  The path was initially overgrown with grass, and later went through a shady forest briefly.  This gained me about 45 minutes, but it was already quite hot. Thankfully, I had brought 2l of water with me.

After this, the way was nearly flat through grasslands. Near the cow pastures, I could hear the flies buzzing in a rush of wind as I approached. In the flower fields, the bees buzzed gently all around me.  Then some rocks start to appear, and suddenly you are at the start of the proper path to Zuestoll.

The first obstacle is a 20 m scramble through blocks and steps. The ground is solid, and there are some metal supports to aid. I spent a few minutes there before deciding to go further, and that's after two climbers passed me and went ahead, assuring me it's never harder than this.

After this brief interlude, the climb on the grassy slope begins in earnest. The climbers went to the east face for climbing, while I continued up the new path. At some point, you reach the wire-secured ridge climb. The wire is not strictly speaking necessary there, when it is dry, especially with poles, but it does make one feel a bit safer. On the way down from the ridge, which is the scariest /looking/ part, I found it easier to climb down backwards. However, it was quite comfortable. 

After this, it is only a few minutes to the top. There is a 5m climb over steps, also secured with a rope, that should be of no difficulty to anybody having come up to here.

The view from the top is great!

I then jogged down to the bottom. It was fun running down the grass, though I almost twisted my right ankle again. At the bottom rock section, somebody was setting up rope for a climbing/knot course, which made it a bit easier for me to go down. I then took the lift down with a fresh icecream cone in hand!

Tourengänger: olethros

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

Galerie

In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

T4-
10 Mai 22
Zuestoll 2234müM · pade
T4- I
18 Aug 18
Zuestoll (2235m) - "Zue" mit Nebel · Schneemann