COVID-19: Current situation

Roggenstock (1776 m) - spring time in Hoch-Ybrig

Published by Roald Pro , 24 May 2019, 21h48.

Region: World » Switzerland » Schwyz
Date of the hike:24 May 2019
Hiking grading: T3 - Difficult Mountain hike
Waypoints:
Geo-Tags: CH-SZ   Nördliche Muotataler Alpen 
Time: 4:15
Height gain: 750 m 2460 ft.
Height loss: 750 m 2460 ft.
Route:See waypoints and GPS track (8 km)
Access to start point:By car to Weglosen. Big parking lot free of charge (the aerial cable car is not operating at the moment).

Roggenstock (1776 m) is a mountain in the Hoch-Ybrig area. I had actually never been up there before, even though it is a fairly easy and short hike close to home.

Start of the hike only at 11:00 AM (cause I had another appointment earlier in the morning). From Weglosen I followed the wrw marked trail all the way up to the top of Roggenstock (T2). There are still a couple of snowfields you need to cross on the way, but none of them are in the steep parts of the hike. So it is not a problem at all. The final ascent on the marked trail goes up on the SW ridge. At the summit I met one lady, and that was the only hiker I met on the entire tour.

For the descent I took the unmarked trail going down on the east side (T3). There is still one steep snowfield covering parts of the trail, and that was a bit tricky. It is not an option to hike on the dry brown grass next to the snowfield - the grass is extremely slippery.

I saw some nice spring flowers on this tour, please see the attached photos!

Hike partners: Roald

Minimap
0Km
Click to draw, click on the last point to end drawing

Gallery

Open in a new window · Open in this window

T3
T2
T3+
T6-
23 Aug 14
Roggenstock / Farenstöckli · shuber
T3

Comments (1)

Post a comment

Arbutus says: Lovely hike!
Sent 25 May 2019, 20h28
I have fond memories of a snowshoe hike up Roggenstock from Oberiberg. It looks like a great spring destination as well!

Post a comment»