Lachenstock, Zindlenspitz, & Rossälplispitz

Publiziert von Roald , 12. August 2018 um 21:11.

Region: Welt » Schweiz » Schwyz
Tour Datum:12 August 2018
Wandern Schwierigkeit: T4 - Alpinwandern
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: CH-GL   CH-SZ   Oberseegruppe 
Zeitbedarf: 8:15
Aufstieg: 1600 m
Abstieg: 1600 m
Strecke:See waypoints and GPS track (13 km)
Zufahrt zum Ausgangspunkt:By car to Wägitalersee. Some parking available next to the road between Oberhof and Ziggen.
Kartennummer:https://map.wanderland.ch/?lang=en&bgLayer=pk&season=summer&resolution=2.5&E=2714670&N=1214940&layers=Wanderland

The plan was to hike to Lachenstock (2026 m), and eventually go to Zindlenspitz afterwards. In the end I added Rossälplispitz to the hike as well. Lachenstock isn't much of a mountain peak, but it's simply one of the highest points on the ridge between Zindlenspitz and Rädertenstock. I had not been there before, so I wanted to go and have a look.

Start of the hike at 8 am down at the lake. I followed the wrw marked trail in direction Zindlenspitz. At Alp Zindlen, I took a right on the wrw marked trail which goes in direction Lauibüel. This trail doesn't seem to be used much, and sometimes I lost the path for a moment. On the way, I visited the hilltop called Himmelchopf. The trail does not go up there, but it passes very close by. Himmelchopf has a great view to the lake, and it's a nice area with lots of pine trees.

Shortly after Himmelchopf, I left the marked trail, and went off trail in direction Lachenstock. Due to the abundant limestone, this was a rather troublesome area to hike through, and it took a long time to get to the summit of Lachenstock. From the summit of Lachenstock, I headed in direction NE on the ridge towards Zindlenspitz, and I found a nice spot to have lunch.

Next, I continued to Zindlenspitz, and then to Rossälplispitz. During the descent, I had a short but nice stop at the Hohfläschenhütte for a drink. It was a warm day!

Main difficulties:
Off trail through the limestone area between Himmelchopf and Lachenstock: T3
Final ascent to Zindlenspitz: T3
On the ridge down towards Rossalpelifurggel there is one very steep section secured with chains: T4
Final ascent to Rossalpelispitz: T4-

I refer to the attached GPS track for more details on the route.
The total time indicated for this hike includes about half an hour lunch break.

Equipment: Hiking sticks.

Tourengänger: Roald

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

Galerie

In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

Kommentar hinzufügen»