Spitzmeilen (2501m) und Wissmilen (2483m)

Publiziert von Coolidge , 5. November 2017 um 17:41.

Region: Welt » Schweiz » Glarus
Tour Datum:18 Juni 2017
Wandern Schwierigkeit: T4 - Alpinwandern
Klettern Schwierigkeit: II (UIAA-Skala)
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: CH-GL   CH-SG   Spitzmeilengruppe 
Unterkunftmöglichkeiten:Spitzmeilenhütte SAC (2087)

Short early summer tour to Spitzmeilen, a beautiful summit in the ski area of Flumserberge.

Day 1 (17.06.2017):  Simon, Pedro and me meet after lunch at Basel SBB station. By train we go to Unterterzen at Walensee. From there we take the cable car via Tannbodenalp up to Maschgenkamm. We start our walk around 4:00 pm, and an easy, gentle path in the nature reserve leads us in 2.5 hours to Spitzmeilenhütte. I have too much luggage, and I decide to leave part of it at the hut for our summit ascent the next day.

Day 2: The path leads us via the gentle ridge Schönegg in about an hour to the foot of the summit rock of Spitzmeilen. From there a via ferrata like path (PD-) with a chain leads us steeply but easily to the top. As a surprise, Pedro unpacks a nice bottle of wine with Portuguese cheese and ham from his rucksack - we have a gourmet meal on top of Spitzmeilen (2501m). The weather is marvelous, with magnificent views to all directions. Due to the remaining snow patches the sorroundings look even more beautiful. After some rest we start the descent, over Wissmeilen (2483m), Wissmeilenpass and Madseeli we walk back to Spitzmeilenhütte. There, Simon and Pedro take a beer, I take a panache. The atmosphere outside the hut is very summer-like, many people sit at the terrace with short sleeves and shorts and enjoy the grill. After some rest we embark the hike back over Zigerfurgglen and Ziger  (2074m) to Maschgenkamm, where we arrive around 3.15 in the afternoon. Simon and Pedro take the cable car down immediately, whereas I decide to keep enjoying the wonderful afternoon, and I take a nice Apfelsaftschorle with Vanilla Ice and Sahne at Maschgalugge.

Tourengänger: Coolidge

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

Galerie

In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

T4
23 Jul 13
Spitzmeilen und Wissmilen · Dimmugljufur
T5 II
1 Aug 10
Action auf dem Spitzmeilen · anles