A visit to Martinsloch from Elm

Publiziert von Roald , 2. September 2016 um 22:40.

Region: Welt » Schweiz » Glarus
Tour Datum: 2 September 2016
Wandern Schwierigkeit: T4+ - Alpinwandern
Klettern Schwierigkeit: I (UIAA-Skala)
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: CH-GL   Segnas-Vorabgruppe   CH-GR 
Zeitbedarf: 7:00
Aufstieg: 1900 m
Abstieg: 1450 m
Zufahrt zum Ankunftspunkt:With the cable way Tschingelbahn down from Niederen to Elm. One way fee: CHF 7.00

Martinsloch is a hole with 15 m diameter in the mountain range between Elm and Flims at an elevation of 2600 m. See also: https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martinsloch

I started this hike in Elm right where the aerial cable way starts (Tschingelbahn), but I did not take the gondola up. Instead I followed the marked trail in direction Segnas pass. At Niederen it would have been possible to see the sun shine through the hole in the mountain, but I was about 15-20 minutes too early. During the first two hours of the hike I was still in the shade, which is actually quite pleasant for such a steep hike.

At elevation 2400 m, I left the marked trail and went to the right. Below Martinsloch there were paths and path traces up through the steep scree area towards the hole. The climbing section is secured with ropes and chains all the way, so it is not that difficult to get up. But in part it is still quite exposed. It was quite an experience to actually be inside Martinsloch for once, but I did not find it such a cozy place to have lunch. So I headed back down the same way I came up, and traversed back to the marked trail, and hiked up the Segnas pass to have lunch.

During the descent I took a short 35 minutes detour to the mountain called Mörder. No idea how the peak got this name.

On weekdays the cable way from Niederen to Elm  is only running once every hour, and I was lucky to just make it into the gondola about 30 seconds before it started.

Difficulties:
Marked trail from Elm (Zündli) to the Segnas pass: T2 (mainly) / T3 (partially)
Martinsloch from the Elm side: T4+, I  (without the ropes and chains a T5, II)
Mörder: T3

Total hiking distance: 11.5 km

Equipment:
-hiking sticks
-helmet (used below Martinsloch).

Tourengänger: Roald

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

Galerie

In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

T5+ II