Kurzbericht 

Big rocks on the Gotthard (Fibbia e Valletta)

Publiziert von matbor , 25. Juli 2016 um 09:16.

Region: Welt » Schweiz » Tessin » Bellinzonese
Tour Datum:24 Juli 2016
Wandern Schwierigkeit: T4 - Alpinwandern
Klettern Schwierigkeit: I (UIAA-Skala)
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: CH-TI   Gruppo Pizzo Lucendro   Gruppo Pizzo Centrale 
Zeitbedarf: 5:00
Aufstieg: 800 m
Abstieg: 800 m
Strecke:Passo San Gottardo - Fibbia - Passo Valletta - Pizzo Valletta - Passo San Gottardo
Zufahrt zum Ausgangspunkt:Car or bus from Airolo (or Andermatt) to Gotthard pass
Zufahrt zum Ankunftspunkt:Car or bus from Airolo (or Andermatt) to Gotthard pass

Third excursion since my Alps comeback, and first time in Ticino!
After a horrible (weather wise) Saturday, Sunday seemed to be a great day for a hike. Due to my limited time, I opted for the Gotthard pass with my old friend Green Copper.
We left the car at the top of the pass and basically started straight towards Fibbia. There was no trail and we enjoyed hiking through big rocks alternating T3 and T4 passages. There was certainly potential for T5 however we were not really in the mood ;)
Once we reached the summit we continued along the edge or just under it towards Pizzo Valletta at 2758m. After a while we decided to enjoy some lateral snow crossing instead of insisting with the climbing on the edge...
From the top of Valletta we descended trying to use the snow fields as much as possible to the nameless little lakes and then literally to the right along the river Valletta all the way back to the parking.
The region is extremely beautiful. We spent 5 hrs among rocks and snow without following a single path trace. It is easy to combine challenging passages with easier ones and the beauty is that you can easily avoid any dangerous, exposed area.
Definitely worth a comeback, maybe even this Summer!

Tourengänger: matbor

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden