Le Moléson: via ferrata du Pilier + Teysachaux

Publiziert von Stijn , 30. Juni 2015 um 21:13.

Region: Welt » Schweiz » Freiburg
Tour Datum:27 Juni 2015
Wandern Schwierigkeit: T3 - anspruchsvolles Bergwandern
Klettersteig Schwierigkeit: K4 (S)
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: CH-FR 
Zeitbedarf: 6:30
Aufstieg: 850 m
Abstieg: 1250 m

After having done the via ferrata of "the face" on Le Moléson last year, I went back for the via ferrata of "the pillar". The two routes run next to each other up the north face of the Moléson. Le Pilier is slightly easier (K4-) but the difference is not massive. The via ferrata du Pilier is a mix between rather mucky ledges and more vertical sections with plenty of iron rungs up the eponymous rock pillars.

During the first half of the route, there is one optional variation: an exposed, slightly overhanging traverse (K5), that does make the heart beat a little faster. I didn't get any good photos of this section, because I was the first in my group, and the end of the difficult part takes you around a corner and out of sight of the people following.

The summit of the Moléson is a messy construction site at the moment, as a military antenna is being built. Apparently this has been a relatively controversial project, though you have to admit, with the massive cable car station just a little further along, Le Moléson is quite scarred already anyway.

We continue with a hike over Teysachaux (easy until P. 1788, then an enjoyable T3 on Teysachaux itself). This is a scenic ridge hike, recommended especially in this direction, looking towards Lake Geneva rather than towards the cable car station on the Moléson.

The way back to Moléson village past Gros Plané is unfortunately rather long, has some additional up-and-down, and is comparatively uninteresting.

Tourengänger: Stijn

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

Galerie

In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

T3 I K4+
18 Aug 19
Le Moléson & Teysachaux · ᴅinu
T3 K4+
19 Okt 18
Moléson - Teysachaux · Aendu