Vitznauerstock / Gersauerstock

Publiziert von Stijn , 24. Juni 2015 um 21:49.

Region: Welt » Schweiz » Luzern
Tour Datum:21 Juni 2015
Wandern Schwierigkeit: T3+ - anspruchsvolles Bergwandern
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: Rigigebiet   CH-LU   CH-SZ 
Zeitbedarf: 3:30
Aufstieg: 450 m
Abstieg: 1000 m

After many cancelled plans due to different "personal circumstances" and the weather, I finally found a few dry hours to go out on Sunday afternoon. With David and Franziska I headed for the Vitznauerstock / Gersauerstock, on the border between Luzern and Schwyz. It is claimed as a "Hausberg" by both the Luzern village of Vitznau and the Schwyz village of Gersau. Since we ascended from Vitznau, I'll take their side for this report.

----

Thanks to the Hinterbergen cable car (automatic ticket machine, 7 CHF per person), we only have to climb some 400m in altitude to the Vitznauerstock. The hiking path via Fälmisegg to the summit is sparingly marked (white-red-white) but easy to follow. The most striking feature of the ascent is a 6m tall ladder.

The summit itself is covered by woods and does not offer any views. However, there are two nearby viewpoints. The eastern viewpoint (on the Gersau side) has a small cross and nice views towards Rigi Hochflue and Niederbauen Chulm. The western viewpoint (on the Vitznau side) has a very tall cross and nice views towards Bürgenstock and Pilatus.

The descent towards Wissifluh is secured with ropes on a few sections, which is quite helpful given the muddy state of the steep path. From Wissifluh, a classic cable car dating from 1908 descends back to Vitznau (operational only when the restaurant is open). We however decide to walk down past the Sankt Antoni chapel, a pretty path that is worth the extra effort.

----

We didn't encounter any other hikers on the Vitznauerstock, which is quite unusual for a Sunday afternoon in the Rigi area. The hike is relatively similar to the routes on Rigi Hochflue, though a little easier and shorter. That didn't matter: after the foul weather during the rest of the weekend, we were very glad to be able to enjoy some great views over the Vierwaldstättersee.

Tourengänger: Stijn

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

Galerie

In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

Kommentar hinzufügen»