Hike to Ruchi (3107 m) from Ober Baumgarten via Muttseehütte

Publiziert von Roald , 10. November 2014 um 22:44.

Region: Welt » Schweiz » Glarus
Tour Datum: 4 Oktober 2014
Wandern Schwierigkeit: T4 - Alpinwandern
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: CH-GL   CH-GR   Hausstockgruppe 
Zeitbedarf: 8:15
Aufstieg: 1600 m
Abstieg: 1600 m
Strecke:17 km
Zufahrt zum Ausgangspunkt:Cable car Tierfehd-Chalchtrittli

Starting point: By car to the visitor's parking lot in Tierfehd, close to the cable car station. The cable car is mostly used by the workers at the hydro-power dam, but it is also open for "tourists" during normal hours.

Ober Baumgarten 1860 m - Muttseehütte 2501 m -> (T3, hiking time 1 h 30 min)
I followed the marked trail from Ober Baumgarten via Chalchtrittli almost to the Muttseehütte (mountain lodge).

Muttseehütte 2501 m - P. 2495 (between Muttsee and Ober See) -> (T3-, hiking time 30 min)
A few hundred meters before reaching Muttseehütte I took a left turn and followed the trail towards Muttsee and Ober See. The area at Muttsee is a huge construction site, with a new hydro-power dam near completion.

P. 2495 (between Muttsee and Ober See) - Ruchi 3107 m -> (T4, hiking time 1 h 30 min)
The ascent to Ruchi is the exiting part! Here you need some extra energy, cause over a distance of only 1.8 km, the elevation gain is 600 m. The trail is not an official one (no blue and white markers), but it is easy to see and follow (without snow cover). When getting somewhat closer to the summit I thought the summit was much closer than it actually was, because of the cross up there. But the cross is in fact a weather station, and it is at least twice as big as a cross usually is.

On top of Ruchi, I walked a few hundred meters on the ridge towards Muttenstock, and then towards Chli Ruchi as well. Unfortunately, there was some fog coming and going, so the view was sometimes limited. But I still managed to capture a few nice pictures.

The return trip was otherwise the same as the way I hiked up the mountain.
The total hiking time was 8 hours 15 min from start to finish. The GPS track is attached, but unfortunately for the ascent it contains some nonsense recordings between 57 min and 1 h 07 min, as well as between 2 h 45 min and 3 h 07 min.

Tourengänger: Roald

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

Geodaten
 22962.kmz

Galerie

In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

T5 I
17 Sep 23
Ruchi, Hausstock und Muttenchopf · cardamine
T3