Nice hike to the summit of Nüschenstock (2893 m)

Publiziert von Roald , 6. November 2014 um 17:25.

Region: Welt » Schweiz » Glarus
Tour Datum:27 September 2014
Wandern Schwierigkeit: T4 - Alpinwandern
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: CH-GL   Hausstockgruppe 
Zeitbedarf: 7:00
Aufstieg: 1300 m
Abstieg: 1300 m
Zufahrt zum Ausgangspunkt:Cable car Tierfehd-Chalchtrittli

Starting point: By car to the visitor's parking lot in Tierfehd, close to the cable car station. The cable car is mostly used by the workers at the hydro-power dam, but it is also open for "tourists" during normal hours. The fare was 10 Fr. one way and 15 Fr. for a return ticket. The cable car takes you 1000 m higher in just 10 minutes! Thanks to this cable car going from Tierfehd to Ober Baumgarten, I could start my hike at 1860 m.

Ober Baumgarten 1860 m - P. 2230 - 300 m east of P. 2517 - Nüschenstock 2893 m (hiking time 2 h 20 min)
The first part of the trail is quite steep, but wide enough and well maintained, and even secured with chains in some places (T3). After about 40 minutes with decent hiking speed I had reached P. 2230. At an elevation of about 2300 m I reached ibex (Steinbock) country. Here I left the trail and went straight up along the creek up to the top of the ridge east of P. 2517 (T4 in a few places). From here I continued up the ridge more or less directly towards the summit of Nüschenstock. In this area I spotted a mountain hare (Schneehase), but I didn't get a picture of it since it was gone too fast.

Nüschenstock 2893 m - Muttseehütte 2501 m (hiking time 1 h 15 min)
From the top of Nüschenstock there was a magnificent view, and I got to see the new hydro-power dam at Muttsee for the first time. The weather was perfect, as you can see from the photos. I didn't meet any other hikers on top of Nüschenstock, and I guess this peak is not visited too often. After a lunch break below the summit on the southern side, I continued my hike down towards P. 2623, and then down to the trail at Muttsee. The descent is quite steep overall, but not too difficult (T4 in some places). Afterwards I followed the trail to the Muttseehütte (mountain lodge) to have a drink. Please be aware that in the area around the Muttseehütte it is forbidden to leave the trails.

Muttseehütte 2501 m - P. 2230 - Ober Baumgarten 1860 m (hiking time 2 h)
From the Muttseehütte I followed the trail past Muttenwändli, Nüschen, and P. 2230 back down to the cable car station at Ober Baumgarten.

The total hiking time was 7 hours from start to finish, but this included a lunch break and a stop at the Muttseehütte, as well as taking lots of pictures while at the summit of Nüschenstock.

Tourengänger: Roald

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

Galerie

In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

Kommentare (1)

Kommentar hinzufügen

tricky hat gesagt:
Gesendet am 6. November 2014 um 17:48
Nice Trip
Welcome an... May the Force be with you