Via ferrata de Plan Praz

Publiziert von Stijn , 28. Oktober 2014 um 20:52.

Region: Welt » Schweiz » Waadt » Waadtländer Alpen
Tour Datum:26 Oktober 2014
Klettersteig Schwierigkeit: K5 (SS)
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: CH-VD 
Zeitbedarf: 2:00

I had met up with Eloïse and Patrick again, my companions from the via ferrata at Le Moléson. After a night out in Lausanne, we set out in gorgeous autumn weather for Leysin. Leysin has two via ferratas, one high up on the Tour d'Ai, the other one ("Plan Praz") near the village. Due to snow higher up, we stick to the second one.

----

My companions have forgotten helmets, but luckily we can rent at the local sports shop. After the gear is sorted, we start walking north-east from the Leysin-Feydey railway station. Soon, we spot signposts to the via ferrata.

The route is divided in three section, that traverse a rock wall from left to right. Every section can also be done individually.

The first section is the hardest one, with some tough overhangs, where you are hanging by one hand while the other hand deals with the karabiners. The entire first part is in the K4 to K5 difficulty range and you certainly need some strength in the arms here.

The second section is the longest part. The double bridge that goes out to a tree and then back to the wall again, is a fun concept. The crux (an overhanging traverse just before the bridge across to the tree) is also a K5, but on average this section is a lot easier than the first part.

The third section is shorter and a little more demanding again. Highlights on this section are two outward-leaning ladders that are climbed up resp. down on the inside, facing out away from the wall. The crux on this section is the traverse approaching the second ladder (K5).

The whole thing, including the walk in and out, is over in two hours, but it's certainly been good fun.

----

The Plan Praz via ferrata is an athletic via ferrata in "adventure course" style. You can't call it a real mountain tour, but it's a fun and challenging way to spend a couple of hours if you're in the area.

Tourengänger: Stijn

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

Galerie

In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

T4 II K5
T3 K5
26 Aug 07
Les ferratas de Leysin · bergpfad73
T4 I
3 Sep 16