Bear tracks on Maja e Kreshtes

Publiziert von detlefpalm , 13. Juni 2014 um 15:22.

Region: Welt » Albanien
Tour Datum: 7 Juni 2014
Wandern Schwierigkeit: T2 - Bergwandern
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: AL 
Zeitbedarf: 8:30
Aufstieg: 1216 m
Abstieg: 1216 m
Strecke:11 kilometers
Zufahrt zum Ausgangspunkt:Bulquize (Qyteti i Ri)

Maja e Kreshtës is the second highest point of the Micekut Mountains (the highest being Allamani, about 5 kilometer away as the crow flies). While Allamani is difficult to approach, Maja e Kreshtës is the house-berg of Bulquize. The hike begins in the northern part (Qyteti i Ri) of Bulquize town.

It is here, that the Micekut Mountains show their most dramatic face - a steep wilderness of red rock, much different from the karstic formations that dominate much of the rest of Albania. Bulquize is mostly known for its mining industry, which takes place mostly on the southern side. While Maja e Kreshtës also sees some mining activity, it hardly affects the solitude and remoteness of the area. During our hike to the summit, we came across a common viper (German: Kreuzotter) and rather fresh tracks of a bear. We hiked in early June, and the abundance of spring flowers made this is a truly delightful hike.

We chose a roundtrip, ascending through the north-eastern couloir. The grassy slopes near the ridgeline are steep but quite manageable. From there, we went anti-clockwise to the summit, and back to Bulquize. Between way point 09 and way point 10, the trail was once broken up by some mining activity, which is now abandoned. The trick is to find the path that continues down the mountain - do not venture too far off the coordinates and make sure you return to a visible path after waypoint 10.

This is a long hike, without much water along the way.

Tourengänger: detlefpalm

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

Galerie

In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

T2
15 Mai 11
Mali i Allamanit · detlefpalm

Kommentar hinzufügen»