Mali i Kercinit

Publiziert von detlefpalm , 9. Oktober 2013 um 08:58.

Region: Welt » Albanien
Tour Datum: 5 Oktober 2013
Wandern Schwierigkeit: T2 - Bergwandern
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: AL   MK 
Zeitbedarf: 5:30
Aufstieg: 1468 m
Abstieg: 1468 m
Strecke:6.6 kilometer one way
Zufahrt zum Ausgangspunkt:Kërçisht is easily reached, even without 4WD, from Maqellare, near Peshkopi. There is a comfortable and good-value-for money hotel at the Lazri fuel station. Nowadays (end 2013) Maqellare can be reached from Tirana via the usual route through Burrel and Bulqize (about 3.5 hours), or via the Autobahn to Kukes and from there on a good new asphalt road through Peshkopi (4 hours).

Mali i Kërçinit, or Kërçin, is one of the outstanding highpoints on the range separating Albania from Macedonia. With 2342 Meter altitude, it is some 20 Meter lower than neighboring Velivar (see separate report in hikr), but the ascent is way more demanding. Your most likely trailhead is in Kërçisht Siperme, at 870 Meter altitude, thus requiring an elevation gain of close to 1500 Meter - about the same you need to climb Korab. Kërcin has been our climb with the most elevation gain done in one day - more than was needed for giants such as Tomorri or Nemercke.

Kërçisht Siperme has some old churches on the list of the Ministry of Tourism, though they were locked and we didn't have the energy to look for the person with the key.

October seems to be a perfect day to climb Kërçin. A very dry day, with zero degree at the trailhead at 7 am and quite cold all the way up, we had one of the best views across Albania and Macedonia ever. To the north were Korab and Tito Vrh, the Albanian Alps gleamed in the sun, and in the far distance we thought we saw Rumija in Montenegro. More close-by were the Lure Mountains and Mali i Dejes, and to the south the Shebenik-Jablanica National Park.

The trail mostly follows mule trails, except for the piece from the summit ridge to the summit. On the summit ridge are some faint markers painted by Macedonian mountaineers. Overall, there is no difficulty. We would have rated the trail as easy, wouldn't it have been for the big elevation gain.

For more info, visit: http://www.palmtreeproduction.com/Hikes%20and%20Climbs/Albania%20Climbs/Krchin/Krchin%20Gallery.html

Tourengänger: detlefpalm

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

Geodaten
 18227.kml Mali i Kercinit

Galerie

In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

T2
8 Sep 13
Maja e Velivarit · detlefpalm

Kommentar hinzufügen»