Mali i Komjanit

Publiziert von detlefpalm , 26. Juli 2013 um 09:02.

Region: Welt » Albanien
Tour Datum:21 Juli 2013
Wandern Schwierigkeit: T3 - anspruchsvolles Bergwandern
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: AL 
Zeitbedarf: 2:30
Aufstieg: 571 m
Abstieg: 571 m
Strecke:4 km, from the Teqe Dushkut, via the north ridge
Zufahrt zum Ausgangspunkt:see GPS trail. The basis is Gramsh.
Unterkunftmöglichkeiten:Gramsh. There also is a hotel in Grabove siperme, which is difficult to reach.

We were heading into the Gramsh - Grabove area, waiting what the weather would be like. As one year before, while the rest of Albania was nearing a heat stroke, Gramsh experienced major thunderstorms, rendering some of the more difficult access roads impassable.

We therefore had to reorganize, and decided to hike Mali i Komjanit.

Mali i Komjanit is, with about 1790 Meter altitude, not particularly high compared to its neighbors Valamares or - across the Devoll River valley - Tomorri mountain. But Mali i Komjanit stands out and manages to dominate, together with the hugely scenic Split Rock, the Grabove/Lenie area. On top of this, Komjanit offers very interesting hiking and because its somewhat central location, offers great views of the area. Another gem in this area is Lake Dushkut, usually well hidden from view.

Komjanit is a little deceiving, as a hike to its summit appears to be easier than it actually is. The summit is surprisingly rocky, with steep grassy patches and seemingly botttomless drops. Still, there is a faint trail for most of the hike, but be prepared for some airy scramble near the summit.

The hike starts at Teqe Dushkut. The shrine that can be reached from the Gramsh-Grabove road by turning onto a little used dirt road, which is in remarkably good condition. From the Teqe, follow the road for a few hundred meter, until it transforms itself into a footpath. Pass under Komjanit mountain and head towards a clearing on the gentle north ridge of Komjanit. Then turn around and follow the ridge, through light forest towards the summit rocks. Where the rocks begin, the summit is still 100 Meter above you, which you reach with some light but sometimes exposed scrambling.

For more information, see: http://www.palmtreeproduction.com/Hikes%20and%20Climbs/Albania%20Climbs/Mali%20i%20Komjanit/Mali%20i%20Komjanit%20Gallery.html

Tourengänger: detlefpalm

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

Geodaten
 16971.kml Mali i Komjanit hike
 16972.kml Access to the trailhead and Split Rock

Galerie

In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

T2
11 Apr 21
Valamara · Nitt Gashi