Chli and Gross Aubrig – From Einsiedeln to Innerthal

Published by 360 Pro , 5 May 2008, 10h13.

Region: World » Switzerland » Schwyz
Date of the hike: 4 May 2008
Hiking grading: T4 - High-level Alpine hike
Geo-Tags: CH-SZ   Etzel-Aubrig-Kette   Zürcher Hausberge   Alptaler Berge   Oberseegruppe 
Access to start point:cff logo Einsiedeln
Access to end point:cff logo Innerthal, Post

The two classic “Voralpengipfel” Chli- and Gross Aubrig offer very nice views and are usually snow free quite early in the hiking season.

I originally planned to start my hike in Willerzell, but when I arrived in Einsiedeln at 7 AM there was no bus to Willerzell for more than half an hour, because at home I looked at the bus schedule for Saturday instead of Sunday… I didn’t feel like waiting for the bus, but decided to walk to Willerzell instead; and walking across the Sihlsee Bridge from Birchli to Willerzell is actually quite interesting too.

From Willerzell Tschuppmoos I basically walked along the marked route to Chli Aubrig via Geissweidli, Rossgaden, then along Alpfärtli to Büel, Egg and P. 1437. From here, instead of taking the detour along the marked path (which traverses the west flank of Chli Aubridg and the goes up to the summit in the southwest flank), I decided to take the direct route along the northwest ridge. It is pretty steep and a little exposed at some points but not more than a T4 - a fun alternative to the otherwise pretty easy hike. Without this shortcut, the hike would only be rated a T3.

From Chli Aubrig I then went down to Altenberg and traversed to the bottom of Gross Aubrig. This stretch still had a considerable amount of snow, and the gaiters I brought along were appreciated. The path along the rather steep southwest flank up to Gross Aubrig was snow free again. From the summit I then followed the marked route to Innerthal via Bärlaui, Schrä and Staumauer. There was some snow on top for about 100 m, and the rest of the path almost all the way was pretty sludgy.

Einsiedeln – Birchli – Willerzell – Tschuppmoos – Geissweidli – Rossgaden – Alpfärtli – Büel – Egg – P. 1437 – Chli Aubrig – Altenberg – P. 1474 – P. 1441 – P. 1514 – Gross Aubrig – Bärlaui – Schrä – Staumauer - Innerthal

Hike partners: 360

Slideshow Open in a new window · Open in this window

Post a comment»