Mali i Shpiragut

Publiziert von detlefpalm , 28. März 2013 um 22:24.

Region: Welt » Albanien
Tour Datum:23 März 2013
Wandern Schwierigkeit: T2 - Bergwandern
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: AL 
Zeitbedarf: 4:00
Aufstieg: 590 m
Abstieg: 590 m
Strecke:about 10 kilometers round trip
Zufahrt zum Ausgangspunkt:There is an asphalt road from Berat to the trailhead.
Unterkunftmöglichkeiten:in Berat

Mali i Shiragut - previously known as "Enver Hoxha Mountain" is the little brother of well known Tomorri. Shpiragut is seen prominently when approaching Berat, though the gaze of the visiting tourist is usually attracted to the much more dramatic Tomorri.

But as so often, the best views are not to be had from the highest mountains, but from those from which the highest mountains can be seen at close range and in their full glory. We dare say that the best views of Tomorri can be had from Shpiragut (or the road leading to Mali i Shpiragut).

But this is not the only reason to pay a visit. Shpiragut is interesting in itself. It is not a difficult hike, and absolutely worthwhile.

From the distance, it appears as a mountain with stripes - many ridges leading from the main ridge to the east and the west. It is possible to pick virtually any of these, and gain the main ridge. The easiest trail would be from the village of Sinjë, at Shpiragut's southern end, by following a mining road up the mountain, close to the summit. We suggest to reserve this for the return trip, as one will face the marvellous views to the mountains of southern Albania.

A traverse of Shpiragut - preferrably from the south to the north, would be a worthwhile and rewarding undertaking, provided you can arrange for a suitable drop-off or pick-up at the trailhead and trail-end. Both are now aided by a very good asphalt road (not seen on google earth as of March 2013), which makes access to Mali i Shpiragut a breeze. There are many furgons (minibusses), busses, and taxis plying the road to Berat.

We stroke particularly good luck on one of the fine weekends in March 2013. Views in all directions were superb. It was possible to see mountains across the border to Greece, and Dajti Mountain near Tirana and even Mali i Dejes near Burrel seemed to be within easy reach.

For more information, visit: http://www.palmtreeproduction.com/Hikes%20and%20Climbs/Albania%20Climbs/Mali%20i%20Shpiragut/Shpiragut%20Gallery.html . It is not a difficult hike, and absolutely worthwhile. From the distance, it appears as a mountain with stripes - many ridges leading from the main ridge to the east and the west. It is possible to pick virtually any of these, and gain the main ridge. The easiest trail would be from the village of Sinjë, at Shpiragut's southern end, by following a mining road up the mountain, close to the summit. We suggest to reserve this for the return trip, as one will face the marvellous views to the mountains of southern Albania. A traverse of Shpiragut - preferrably from the south to the north, would be a worthwhile and rewarding undertaking, provided you can arrange for a suitable drop-off or pick-up at the trailhead and trail-end. Both are now aided by a very good asphalt road (not seen on google earth as of March 2013), which makes access to Mali i Shpiragut a breeze. There are many furgons (minibusses), busses, and taxis plying the road to Berat. We stroke particularly good luck on one of the fine weekends in March 2013. Views in all directions were superb. It was possible to see mountains across the border to Greece, and Dajti Mountain near Tirana and even Mali i Dejes near Burrel seemed to be within easy rea

Tourengänger: detlefpalm

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

Geodaten
 15204.kml Shpiragut climb
 15205.kml Shpiragut Drive

Galerie

In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

Kommentar hinzufügen»