Titlis from Engelberg

Publiziert von ejain , 11. September 2012 um 00:15.

Region: Welt » Schweiz » Obwalden
Tour Datum:10 September 2012
Wandern Schwierigkeit: T3 - anspruchsvolles Bergwandern
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: CH-NW   CH-OW   Titlis und Wendenstockgruppe   CH-BE 
Aufstieg: 2200 m

Headed up to the Trübsee station from Engelberg via Bänklialp and Gerschnialp. Despite the late start (after 9am), most of the trail was still in the shade. The trail was also in great condition--apart from a short section above Gerschnialp that had been turned to mud by cattle.

From the Trübsee station I followed the "Panoramaweg" along the ridge. The trail started at a sign along the road above the station. Shortcutting one of the switchbacks in the road didn't save me much time. Encountered a couple of people on this trail, but no crowds. Beautiful views, and some wildflowers were still blooming.

A trail (with blue markers) continues from behind the upper Laubersgrat chairlift station. I missed this at first, but once on the trail, the trail was obvious and well marked. Further up, I had to use my hands a few times, but the scramble was simple and without exposure. Finally, there was a short (but exposed) ladder that had to be climbed down to get to the Gletscherlift.

From the bottom Gletscherlift station, I followed a groomed strip of snow past crevasses to the top lift station, and then towards the cable car station. Before reaching the cable car station, I angled back to head up along the ridge. The snow was well consolidated and tracked, and the top of the ridge was mostly bare. Encountered some people coming down, but had the summit to myself when I reached it around 2pm.

After having lunch and enjoying the views, I headed back down the ridge and took the cable cars all the way down.

Photos

Tourengänger: ejain

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

Galerie

In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

T3+ ZS III K3
T4
14 Aug 21
Titlis Bergtrophy 2021 · DanyWalker
T4 L I