The Mountain with Holes - Mali me Gropa

Publiziert von detlefpalm , 26. August 2012 um 14:15.

Region: Welt » Albanien
Tour Datum: 8 Mai 2011
Wandern Schwierigkeit: T2 - Bergwandern
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: AL 
Zeitbedarf: 1:30
Aufstieg: 472 m
Abstieg: 472 m
Strecke:2.2 kilometer, without visible trail
Zufahrt zum Ausgangspunkt:The trailhead of Mali me Gropa is on the "Qafe Mole" road, which once led to Diber and also to Elbasan (the old national road SH54). The road is in reasonable shape but high clearance is advisable. Coming from Tirana, one takes the pass between Dajti and Priske Mountain, turns left along the backside of Dajti and moves on across Qafe Mole. The trailhead is shortly after a the turn off to the right that leads to Shenmarie and Shengjergj. One can take this road for the return trip, using a newly built dirt road from Shengjergj to Dajti pass and Tirana.

Mali me Gropa (the mountain with holes) is a major mountain in the hinterland of Tirana. Behind Dajti mountain, there are few villages and travel is generally difficult. New asphalt roads around the highlands made travel through the mountains unncessary, and the old dirt roads are falling into disrepair.

Mali me Gropa is a special mountain. It is geologically different from many other surrounding mountains - as can be readily seen on Google Earth - and its main characteristics are countless dolines (holes) that make Mali e Gropa the water reservoir for Tirana.

Hiking Mali me Gropa has an almost eerie quality. As a bonus, Mali me Gropa is also relatively high, according good views into most directions.

This is a rather short hike, but weather permitting one may linger on the mountain and marvel at its geological oddities. In winter, people have tried skiing on Mali me Gropa. There is a good view to be had to Mali i Snojt , near Bize, also covered on hikr.org.

For more details, see: http://www.palmtreeproduction.com/Hikes%20and%20Climbs/Albania%20Climbs/Gropit-Hike/gropitgallery.html  
for more details, see

Tourengänger: detlefpalm

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

Geodaten
 12645.kml Hiking Mali Me Gropa

Galerie

In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

T2
14 Jul 19
Der Berg mit 1000 Gruben · Nitt Gashi