The ridges and peaks of the Northern Riemenstaldental

Publiziert von 360 Pro , 5. August 2007 um 20:21.

Region: Welt » Schweiz » Schwyz
Tour Datum: 4 August 2007
Wandern Schwierigkeit: T5 - anspruchsvolles Alpinwandern
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: Fronalpstock - Kette   CH-SZ   CH-UR 
Zufahrt zum Ausgangspunkt:cff logo Riemenstalden, Chäppeliberg
Zufahrt zum Ankunftspunkt:cff logo Fronalpstock

Inspired by ironknee's and Delta’s reports, I decided to explore the ridges and peaks to the North of the Riemstaldental. From Wannentritt all the way to Fronalpstock I hardly ever left the ridge; a very nice and scenic hike.

Exact Route
Riemenstalden Chäppeliberg – Wannentritt – Driangel – Sisiger Spitz - Lauchstock - Hengst - Chlingenstock - Huser Stock – Fronalpstock

Remarks

This tour meets the extreme ends of crowdedness of a hike. It starts out as a solitary tour and ends as an extremely crowded one (especially on a weekend during school vacation!). From Wannentritt to Hengst I didn’t see anybody at all. On Hengst I met 3 hikers and starting around Chlingenstock you start saying „Grüezi“ more and more often, by the time you reach Fronalpstock I probably said it a hundred times. However, the view starts getting more spectacular by the minute and the view on Fronalpstock is truly magnificent, no wonder this mountain is so popular.

The rain in the past days made the path quite slippery and dangerous in the morning. It would be advisable to avoid wet conditions in the area of Sisiger Spitz and Lauchstock for his hike!

The crux of this tour is climbing Lauchstock from the east side. If you don’t feel like an exposed T5+, it would be possible to bypass on the North side, loosing about 100m in altitude.

Tourengänger: 360

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

Galerie

In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

Kommentar hinzufügen»