Grande Dent de Veisivi

Publiziert von coach50 , 4. Juli 2011 um 09:38.

Region: Welt » Schweiz » Wallis » Mittelwallis
Tour Datum: 3 Juli 2011
Wandern Schwierigkeit: T5+ - anspruchsvolles Alpinwandern
Hochtouren Schwierigkeit: WS
Wegpunkte:
Zeitbedarf: 7:30
Aufstieg: 1618 m
Abstieg: 1618 m
Strecke:Satarma - Col de Tsarmine - Grande Dent de Veisivi

This is a great one day hike/climb in a stunning area. Starting at Satarma (just after Lac Bleu on the road to Arolla), take the track to Tsarmine. It's quite a long way up with 1600m to the Grande Dent, starting in forest, then the high pastures, then past the moraine and alongside the looming Petite Dent (a great climb itself). From the Col de Tsarmine there are excellent views down to Les Haudères and across to the Pigne d'Arolla.
From the col it gets much tougher, and most of the climb is over boulders, some of which are a bit loose: take good care before committing to a hand or foot hold. It's more of a scramble than a climb, with a short chimney near the top. Exposure is quite high in places. Helmet recommended as there are plenty of loose rocks. We took full rope and harnesses but didn't need them. However we did make good use of ice axes, partly for the nevées, and partly for getting some extra reach going up the boulders. Take care after a wet spell of weather: near the top there are some sections which if wet would be quite unstable.
Not many people head up this route, so you may well be on your own. We met just 2 others who'd done the Petite Dent.
The view from the top is astonishing, from Dent Blanche to the Matterhorn and the Dent d'Herens, plus the Pigne d'Arolla, Mont Blanc de Cheilon and Grand Combin. Also back down to Evolène way down below. Well worth it.

Tourengänger: coach50

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

Galerie

In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

WS WS WI3
1 Jan 14
Nella regione di Arolla · lso

Kommentare (5)

Kommentar hinzufügen

Zaza hat gesagt:
Gesendet am 4. Juli 2011 um 10:43
Hi,

amazing, I was planning the same summit for some time this week...would you recommend crampons or is it possible to avoid the snowfields? Also, did you have a look at east ridge, which rises directly from Ferpècle? If this ridge is not too difficult, it would allow a nice traverse of the mountain.

thanks & regards

coach50 hat gesagt: RE:
Gesendet am 4. Juli 2011 um 10:56
Hi, I took crampons but didn't need them as the snow's melted enough now. It's much easier coming down the snow though! I didn't get a close look at the east ridge, though it looks longer than the north. Just watch out for loose rock, and enjoy it if you go up there. It would be good to hear how the east ridge goes if you do it.
All the best

Sky hat gesagt:
Gesendet am 5. Juli 2011 um 13:57
Beautiful places, I adore val d'Herens..
This August I am planning to go (solo) at least to Col de Tsarmine.. from there to one of the Dent de Veisivi I don't think I will be able !
Bye
Luke

coach50 hat gesagt: RE:
Gesendet am 5. Juli 2011 um 17:00
Yes, it's very beautiful there hey? Good luck going up and if you ever want to do the climb with someone let me know. I live quite close and am often in the Val d'Herens.
Ciao,
Al

Sky hat gesagt: RE:
Gesendet am 5. Juli 2011 um 22:21
Yes, beautiful. I spent many summers in Val d’Herens..
I’ll be at Heremence for the first two weeks of August, and I hope to hike some easy peaks there (I was thinking about something like la Rosablanche, Pointe de Vouasson, Pointe de Darbonnaire, Mont de l’Etoile, la Luette, la Ruinette..). It would be a pleasure to have a companion there, of course ! If you like, we can plan something when I’ll be there.
See you
Luke

Kommentar hinzufügen»