Strada Altissima Leventina (part one)

Publiziert von 360 Pro , 12. Juli 2007 um 22:46.

Region: Welt » Schweiz » Tessin » Bellinzonese
Tour Datum:11 Juli 2007
Wandern Schwierigkeit: T3 - anspruchsvolles Bergwandern
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: CH-TI   Gruppo Pizzo Molare 
Zufahrt zum Ausgangspunkt:cff logo Biasca
Zufahrt zum Ankunftspunkt:cff logo Anzonico, Paese

What probably comes to your mind first if you hear “Leventina” is: A lot of traffic or even “Stau”. Be it the A2 highway, the bicycle path from Airolo to Biasca, “Strada Alta Leventina” (one of the most popular hiking routes in Switzerland), or even the busy railway across the Gotthard, but… there is a path where you will probably hardly ever find “Stau”, the “Strada Altissima Leventina”: It more or less follows the ridge between the Leventina and Blenio valleys and is nicely described in “Einsame Touren suedlich des Gotthards”.

Part one (which I did in a one day hike):
Biasca – Pasquerio – (Conzanengo) – Mürisc – Capanna Pian d’Alpe –Forcarella – Matro – Cogn – Pianca Bella – Croce di Sasso – Passo di Laghetti – Pizzo Erra – Alpe dei Piai – Suaisa – Anzonico

Remarks:

If you don’t like antenna construction or avalanche barriers you should skip this part of the “Strada Altissima Leventinssia”, on top of Matro there is an ugly tv(?) antenna contstruction and on Pizzo Erra there is at least 4 different generation of avalanche barriers.

The direct path between P. 796 and Mürisc is hard to find (especially if you have a map dated back to 1977 like me!). In fact I first did the detour to Conzanengo and then somehow crossed over to the direct path again. However I’m not sure I actually found the path described in “Einsame Touren suedlich des Gotthards”, because the way I went up there was at least a T4+

Otherwise this part of Strada Altissima Leventinssia is an easy T3. Even though it often isn’t marked, clear path traces are almost always visible.

Strada Altissima Leventina is to be continued…

Tourengänger: 360

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

Galerie

In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

Kommentare (2)

Kommentar hinzufügen

Cirrus hat gesagt:
Gesendet am 12. Juli 2007 um 23:27
Hi 360,

Thanks for your nice information on this walk. I also want to do the complete "altissima", in fact I made some years already a part, and it was supererb:
http://www.hikr.org/tour/post1224.html
Now I want to do the hike you described, and the next one, which is more exposed. In fact, in "Einsame Touren ..." this walk was classified as T4, you think T4 was too high classified? Another question: from your report one gets the impression you expected more from this hike, was that the case?

Thanks and regards

Harrie-Jan

360 Pro hat gesagt: RE:
Gesendet am 13. Juli 2007 um 00:08
Cirrus,

This hike is most likely not a T4. However depending on what the "real" path looks like between P. 796 and Mürisc (which I probably missed), it might be a T4.

"Einsame Touren ..." gives it a T4-, but they describe the hardest part as what comes after Pizzo Erra, which I didn't do this time. I did stage one and about half of stage two of the altissima here.

I was not disappointed at all and didn't expect more or less. It is a very nice hike high above the busy Leventina and I can definitely recommend it. The only thing I didn't like much is the big construction on Matro.

Kommentar hinzufügen»