Kurzbericht 

From Schwyz to Glarus via Glatten

Publiziert von matbor , 22. Juni 2011 um 07:58.

Region: Welt » Schweiz » Glarus
Tour Datum:15 Juli 2008
Wandern Schwierigkeit: T4- - Alpinwandern
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: CH-UR   Ortstockgruppe   CH-SZ 
Zeitbedarf: 6:00
Aufstieg: 1350 m
Abstieg: 1130 m
Strecke:Sali (1155m) - Firner Loch - Glatten (2505m) - Firner Loch - Urnerboden
Zufahrt zum Ausgangspunkt:Train to Schwyz, bus trough Muotathal and Bisisthal
Zufahrt zum Ankunftspunkt:Train to Linthal and bus to Urnerboden

Although we started very early from Zurich, at the arrival at the end of the Bisisthal there was already a lot of people waiting for the cablecar.... The only solution was to walk up to the Glattalp and then see what could be done. We followed the alpine trail via p.1280, p.1371, p.1522 and crossed the Bockalpeli reaching the Firner Loch. From there we explored the Glatten region following path traces or just trying to find our way in the limestone. After reaching the summit we decided to go back and descend from the Firner Loch to Urnerboden.

Although this trail does not present particular difficulties, it might be worth to mention that the path through the Bockalpeli as well as the region of the Glatten have T4- character. The rest of the trail is T3. The first part of the descent from the Firner Loch is very steep and can represent a problem when the terrain is wet. Today I experienced that for some people the chasms dissseminated in the limestone (which just have to be bypassed) can be extremely frightening...

In general I liked the Glatten region very much! In fact I came back two more times... see additional reports.

Tourengänger: matbor

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

WS
14 Jan 12
Glatten (2505m) · أجنبي
ZS-
31 Dez 12
Glatten (2505m) · أجنبي
ZS+
9 Mär 14