M. Calisio from Civezzano (1096m)

Publiziert von felixbavaria , 6. Oktober 2009 um 16:27.

Region: Welt » Italien » Trentino-Südtirol
Tour Datum:26 März 2009
Wandern Schwierigkeit: T1 - Wandern
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: I 
Zeitbedarf: 3:00
Aufstieg: 650 m
Abstieg: 650 m
Strecke:Civezzano - M. Calisio and back
Zufahrt zum Ausgangspunkt:SS47 Trento-Padua, exit after the tunnel, head to Civezzano. There is a limited number of parking spots in the centre of Civezzano.
Kartennummer:Kompass 647 (Trento e dintorni)

After escaping from foggy Bavaria to sunny Trentino, we could see the first signs of spring after the cold winter of 2009. Temperatures were around 20 degrees and there were almost no people on the trail - except a few locals.

Ascent: East ridge from Civezzano
(approx. 1 hr 45 min.)

We park our car in the center of Civezzano, then head towards the east ridge of M. Calisio, following Via Roma and turning right at Via Sabbionare which turns into a hiking trail after the last houses. The way is very well marked and at all crossroads we follow the signs to M. Calisio.

There are no difficulties at all, the trails are mostly broad and there are no exposed passages. The tour reminds us more of a hike in the German "midlands" ("Mittelgebirge", there is no English term for that) than a hike in the Alps, thus I rate it with T1. After the heavy snowfall in February 2009, there is still some snow left above 1000 meters, so I am glad I have put on my hiking boots. Otherwise, the tour would be perfectly feasible with running shoes.

It is all the more surprising that there is a free view from the summit towards Trento - as the north flank is quite steep, we feel like flying over the city. There is also a direct ascent from Trento to the summit (approx. 900 meters of altitude, probably T2, I have not done it).

Descent: on the same way (approx. 1 hr 15 min.)

Tourengänger: felixbavaria
Communities: English

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

Galerie

In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

Kommentare (3)

Kommentar hinzufügen

gbal hat gesagt:
Gesendet am 18. Oktober 2010 um 17:05
Ok Felix it seems to me that you have a new challenge with yourself now...to repeat the ascent starting from Trento!
Giulio

felixbavaria hat gesagt: RE:
Gesendet am 18. Oktober 2010 um 20:31
Hi Giulio

Yes - I will definitely come back, this area is very lovely especially in spring and autumn. I've also put La Marzola on my project list...

Best, Felix

gbal hat gesagt: RE:
Gesendet am 22. Oktober 2010 um 23:07
Well Felix. Will you visit again the "Sunny Trentino" next year? I also love it because my mother was born in Val di Non, near Mendel Pass; so I knew and loved those places since I was a kid (maaaany years ago :):)
I look forward to reading you next year.
Giulio

Kommentar hinzufügen»