Hochvogel (2593m) via Bäumenheimer Weg

Publiziert von gero , 4. Oktober 2009 um 16:44.

Region: Welt » Deutschland » Alpen » Allgäuer Alpen
Tour Datum: 8 Oktober 2004
Klettern Schwierigkeit: I (UIAA-Skala)
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: D   A 
Zeitbedarf: 8:00
Aufstieg: 1560 m
Abstieg: 1560 m
Strecke:Hinterhornbach - Bäumenheimer Weg - Hochvogel - Kalter Winkel - Fuchsensattel - Hinterhornbach
Kartennummer:Bayer.Landesvermessungsamt "Allgäuer Alpen"

Holla, bei hikr gibt es bisher keinen Bericht über den Bäumenheimer Weg auf den Hochvogel! Dem will ich mal schleunigst abhelfen - und zurückdenken an diese wunderbare Herbsttour vor 5 Jahren mit meinem australischen Freund Denis.
Damit er ebenfalls in Erinnerungen schwelgen kann (und im Zeitalter der vielgepriesenen Internationalität), erlaube ich mir diesmal, den Bericht auf englisch zu schreiben (und dabei die wesentlichen Begriffe in deutsch dahinterzuschreiben) - so let's go!

We started at Hinterhornbach (1101m) shortly before 8 a.m. and followed the signs to "Bäumenheimer Weg - Hochvogel" right from the start. Although high above Hinterhornbach and still far away, Hochvogel can be seen already from the beginning of today's tour. The first aim is Schwabegg (1696m), a small hunting hut above the forest limit, not opened to the public (nicht-öffentliche Jagd- bzw. Forsthütte über der Waldgrenze); it will be reached after 75 minutes.
The continuing way can be seen very clearly from here: it leads up, direction Fuchsensattel, but before reaching that saddle will turn left (direction West, 2 hours from start) at point 1975m and traverses Roßkar, just under the Southern flank of Hochvogel, on a more or less horizontal track that is well marked by signs and red dots. This track already belongs to Bäumenheimer Weg, but climbing begins only when it meets the South ridge (Südgrat of Hochvogel that leads up to the summit through small gullies (Rinnen), wall parts (wandartige Abschnitte) and ridges (Gratstücke).

The first part is a (now steeper) ascent through rocks and grass parts. It leads up to steep walls that again are traversed to the right until a gully (Rinne) is reached. The track leads through this gully, but pretty soon leaves it again to its right ridge that will be climbed now. Be aware of rockfall: the terrain consists of loose rocks.

The higher you climb, the more impressive the terrain gets. Sometimes it seems to become more difficult, but you always find the next big red dot that leads up by easy climbing. The climbing is never really exposed or difficult, it never exceeds grade 1, but you must have a good head for heights and - in general - be familiar with climbing this kind of terrain. Bäumenheimer Weg is NOT a via ferrata: I cannot remember fixed ropes, and I didn't miss them!

Da wichtig, dies nochmals auf deutsch:
der Bäumenheimer Weg führt durch großartige, nach oben hin zusehends hochalpine Landschaft. Der Weg ist nirgends wirklich ausgesetzt oder schwierig, überschreitet nie den 1. Schwierigkeitsgrad, aber man muß natürlich trittsicher und schwindelfrei sein, allgemein mit derartigem Gelände vertraut sein. Der Bäumenheimer Weg ist KEIN Klettersteig - ich kann mich nicht an Fixseile erinnern, vermißte sie allerdings auch nicht!

Finally, all these ridges and gullies lead up to the summit of Hochvogel (2593m); it took us 3:45 hours from Hinterhornbach, we didn't use belaying by rope (seilfrei gegangen).

We descended via the normal way: down the North-West "ridge", further on through Kalten Winkel (steep, real hard snow was belayed by a fixed rope) to the junction where the normal way to Luitpoldhaus separates from our continuation to Fuchsensattel (signpost - Wegweiser). I remember that the long traverse through the scree field (Geröllfeld) of Fuchskar took a lot of power, especially for me - but we reached Fuchsensattel (2039m) where the final descent over meadows and finally through forests took us down to Hinterhornbach again.

Tourengänger: gero

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

Galerie

In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

T2
21 Aug 15
Hochvogel · Fifi1806
T4- I
10 Okt 10
Hochvogel (2593m) · Tef