Mt. Bromo 2329m

Publiziert von MicheleK , 30. Juli 2009 um 02:21.

Region: Welt » Indonesien » Java
Tour Datum:15 Mai 1992
Wandern Schwierigkeit: T2 - Bergwandern
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: RI 
Zeitbedarf: 1 Tage
Aufstieg: 600 m
Abstieg: 600 m
Strecke:Ngadisari - Mt Bromo - View Point - Ngadisari
Zufahrt zum Ausgangspunkt:Ngadisari
Zufahrt zum Ankunftspunkt:Ngadisari

Despite the large crowds the walk up to world famous Gunung Bromo on Eastern Java to see the sunrise is one of the highlights not to be missed when travelling to Indonesia.  Thanks to digital copies of my old Kodachrome slides, dating from 1992, the picture quality remains very good even after almost 20 years.

In 1992, in my early 20ies, I took some off-time and went backpacking on my own for 6 months through South East Asia: Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Java, Bali, Lombok, Sumbawa, Flores, exclusively travelling by land and sea.

To reach Gunung Bromo I remember I travelled through a magnificent and incredibly fertile valley with friendly  people everywhere and arrived at a village, I think it was called Ngadisari, on the NE side outside of the huge Caldera. There I stayed overnight in one of the numerous hostels. I was happy I had a sweater, as the temperature was just above freezing point.

Sometime during the night  the night we woke up and started the walk up to the caldera rim and descended inside. We traversed and climbed up to the crater rim on a large path. I remember there were many tourists which had to use donkeys to get up to the crater rim as they were not used to the altitude and to steep terrain...

After seeing sunrise, together with another 100 or so people, I decided to take a walk around the crater and to walk away from the crowds by following a good path up the S ridge. Suddenly, I was on my own, contemplating the amazing scenery around Mt Bromo and enjoying the silence.

I then walked down and crossed the caldera to climb up on a good path (T2) to the so called View Point at  ca. 2500m, with sweeping views across the whole caldera and the impressive Gunung Semeru (3676m), the tallest mountain on Java and one of the most active volcanos on earth, closeby.

Up there I met by chance Seema and Anne from Singapore: we kept in touch over all these years and became friends. Today we still have regular contact. Mountains build friendships :-)

Descent to the village and minibus onwards towards Yogiakarta. 

Tourengänger: MicheleK

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

Galerie

In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

T1
3 Nov 12
Spaziergang auf den Bromo · Leopold

Kommentar hinzufügen»