Rautispitz (2283 m) - snowshoe hike

Publiziert von Roald , 26. Mai 2019 um 20:44.

Region: Welt » Schweiz » Glarus
Tour Datum:26 Mai 2019
Wandern Schwierigkeit: T3+ - anspruchsvolles Bergwandern
Schneeshuhtouren Schwierigkeit: WT3 - Anspruchsvolle Schneeschuhwanderung
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: CH-GL   Oberseegruppe 
Zeitbedarf: 7:00
Aufstieg: 1325 m
Abstieg: 1325 m
Strecke:See waypoints and GPS track (15 km)
Zufahrt zum Ausgangspunkt:By car from Näfels to Obersee, free parking just before Berghaus Obersee. The road from Näfels to Obersee is curvy, steep, and in many places only one lane wide.

This tour to Rautispitz was a mixed hike and snowshoe hike. There is still a lot of snow left above elevation 1700 m. The weather was not that great, with low clouds and fog lingering around the mountain tops. But at least it remained dry.

I followed the wrw marked trail from Obersee to Grapplistafel and almost to Rautihütten. After Grapplistafel, in the steepest part of the wrw marked trail (Tritt), there is a snowfield blocking the trail. I found it quite tricky to cross it, and therefore I have rated the hiking T3+. (Under normal summer conditions, the hike is probably a T2). Further up there is another snowfield blocking the trail, but there it is possible to make a small detour around it.

At elevation 1650 m I mounted the snowshoes, and continued up through the Rautialp area up to Rauti Furgglä. The last part of the ascent is nearly 30° steep. The snow was pretty soft.

At the summit of Rautispitz, the view was not great due to the fog and low clouds all around. But I enjoyed the view to Höchnase and Wiggis, and the sun actually came through for a short period of time!

For the descent, I generally followed the same route.

Equipment:
- Alpine snowshoes
- Gaiters
- Hiking sticks

Remarks:
- Please see the attached GPS track for more details on the route.
- Above Grapplistafel I did not meet any other hikers.

Tourengänger: Roald
Communities: Schneeschuhtouren

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

Galerie

In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

T3+
T3+
2 Jul 22
Rautispitz 2283 · Primi59
T3+