Rütistein (2025 m) - snowshoe hike in May

Publiziert von Roald , 17. Mai 2019 um 20:57.

Region: Welt » Schweiz » Schwyz
Tour Datum:17 Mai 2019
Wandern Schwierigkeit: T3+ - anspruchsvolles Bergwandern
Schneeshuhtouren Schwierigkeit: WT3 - Anspruchsvolle Schneeschuhwanderung
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: CH-SZ   Westliche Sihltaler Alpen   Nördliche Muotataler Alpen 
Zeitbedarf: 6:30
Aufstieg: 1025 m
Abstieg: 1025 m
Strecke:See waypoints and GPS track (13 km)
Zufahrt zum Ausgangspunkt:By car to Weglosen. Big parking lot free of charge (the aerial cable car is not operating at the moment).

The weather forecast had predicted nice and sunny weather in the morning, but more clouds in the afternoon. So today I intended to make a bit a shorter hike. My choice fell on Rütistein in the Hoch-Ybrig area.

Start of the hike at 08:15 AM in Weglosen. I ascended from Weglosen on the white-blue-white marked trail via Leiteren (T3+). This trail includes a 6-7 m high ladder you need to climb up. There was no snow until I reached Gruebi. Unfortunately, I had a bit of a headache, so the pace was not very high.

After passing Druesberghütte, I continued on foot past the chapel. There is still a lot of snow at elevation 1600 m, so this is where I mounted the snowshoes. I spotted a couple of marmots a little bit further up. They must be having a hard time finding any food. I also saw a chamois on Pfannenstöckli.

The view from the summit of Rütistein was great, even if some thin clouds had meanwhile moved in.

During the descent I did not use the snowshoes. I made a small detour to Pfannenstöckli on the way down to Druesberghütte.

For the final descent, I followed the unpaved road from Gruebi to Weglosen. In the forest the road was largely snow covered.

Equipment:
- Alpine snowshoes (used only for the ascent from Druesberghütte to Rütistein).
- Hiking sticks
- Gaiters

Please see attached GPS track for more details.

Tourengänger: Roald
Communities: Schneeschuhtouren

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

Galerie

In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

Kommentar hinzufügen»