Bike & hike in Flumserberg

Publiziert von Roald , 11. November 2018 um 21:20.

Region: Welt » Schweiz » St.Gallen
Tour Datum:11 November 2018
Wandern Schwierigkeit: T2 - Bergwandern
Mountainbike Schwierigkeit: L - Leicht fahrbar
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: CH-SG   Spitzmeilengruppe 
Zeitbedarf: 7:45
Aufstieg: 1300 m
Abstieg: 1300 m
Strecke:See waypoints and GPS track (30 km)
Zufahrt zum Ausgangspunkt:By car to Tannenbodenalp.
Kartennummer:https://map.wanderland.ch/?lang=en&bgLayer=pk&season=summer&resolution=5&E=2736377&N=1213020

This time of the year the Flumserberg area is pretty much deserted. Currently none of the lifts are operating. I only met a few people while biking, and during the hike I didn't meet anyone, even though I mostly followed the white-red-white (wrw) marked trails.

I started off with the mountain bike from Tannenbodenalp at 8:30 AM. The weather was a bit grey, but it was already about to improve. I followed the designated bike route from Tannenbodenalp via Prodalp, and Panüöl up to Machgenkamm. In the steepest areas I had to walk the bike. Next, I continued by bike to Zigerfurgglen, and left the bike there. (During the summer season when lifts are operating, I would definitely not use the bike between Machgenkamm and Zigerfurgglen though).

My hike took me across the mountains Leist, Rainisalts, Gulmen, and all the way to Erdisgulmen. For the most part I followed the wrw marked trails. It was quite windy on the ridge, and on the peaks due the Föhn. I think the maximum wind speed must have been 40-50 km/h. On the way back I passed the small lake Sächserseeli, and followed the wrw marked trail to Zigerfurgglen. I have rated this hike T2, even though I left the trail in one or two places and the difficulty was briefly T3-. But if you stay on the trail, it's really not more than T2. I did not use hiking boots, but sneakers all the way, and that was perfectly fine.

The bike ride down took me past Seebenalp and back to Tannenbodenalp.

Total tour distance: 30 km, thereof:
- Biking uphill (and walking the bike in the steepest areas): 10.5 km
- Hiking: 10.5 km
- Biking downhill: 9 km

Tourengänger: Roald
Communities: Bike & Hike

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

Galerie

In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

Kommentar hinzufügen»