Dremelspitze (2733m) - One of our main goals

Publiziert von NL1987 , 25. November 2018 um 12:51.

Region: Welt » Österreich » Nördliche Ostalpen » Lechtaler Alpen
Tour Datum:20 August 2018
Wandern Schwierigkeit: T5 - anspruchsvolles Alpinwandern
Klettern Schwierigkeit: II (UIAA-Skala)
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: A   Parzinn 
Zeitbedarf: 7:15
Aufstieg: 1377 m
Abstieg: 1377 m

One mountain we’ve always dreamt of climbing since we went on holidays in the Lechtal in the 90s, was the Dremelspitze. When we started climbing a couple of years ago, we had this peak in mind as one of our main goals. After starting with some less difficult summits in the vicinity, this year we thought ourselves to be ready for the Dremelspitze.

As many have done so before, and as I do not know all the technical terms and jargon of rock climbing, I refrain myself from writing an elaborate report on this climbing tour. Actually, on our tour we were (during the descent) accompanied by two Germans who have written a detailed report. It can be found here. Our own report functions as an addition of knowledge on this mountain.

We started at around 6 AM from Boden (1356m) and arrived at the Hanaur Hütte (1922m) one and a half hour later. After a short break we continued our trek in the shadows of the Große Schlenker and Dremelspitze. We reached the Vordere Dremelscharte (2434m) after pushing uphill for over one hour. While enjoying the beautiful view towards the Steinsee we put our helmets on and started the ascent. When you’re able to climb in II. Schwierigkeitsgrad without too much trouble, you’ll be having a terrific climb. The chimney at the start of the climb is a good indicator of the difficulty of the tour. After that, most of the route is in I. and II. Grad and two ‘Stelles’ are a bit tougher.

Unfortunately, it was rather cloudy during the ascent and at the top (which we arrived at just before 10 o’clock). Of course, when we went downhill the sun came out. As we were asked to drive back to Boden together with some locals, who parked their car at the ‘Materialseilbahn’ parking place, we arrived back at our Gasthof at 1.15 PM.

Summary:
With the nice walk through the Angerletal to the Hanauer and the challenging but really nice climb to the summit, the Dremelspitze truly is one of those mountains you’ll keep remembering forever.

Liebe grüße,

Die Holländer

Tourengänger: NL1987

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

Galerie

In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

Kommentare (1)

Kommentar hinzufügen

hannes80 hat gesagt:
Gesendet am 25. November 2018 um 18:29
Nice report with some cool pictures, Hans. See you soon in the Lechtal!

Kommentar hinzufügen»